Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

data allowance problems

Answered

I am on a $50/mth plan allowing 30gb per month shared. I share my data allowance across three other devices. My iPhone, my iPad and my wife's iPhone. The data allowance shown in mytelstra ap is 64mb, not 30Gb which should be my allowance under the plan. The shared usage overall is shown at 1.1 MB of 64 MB. However, the usage for my iPhone is shown as 1gb of 64mb. Telstra has capped my speed. I raised this 2 weeks ago with Telstra through the app but no response. My allowance will be reset in 2 days but I am concerned that this will continue, Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: data allowance problems

I emailed mytelstrasupport@team.telstra and got a response which said fill fill out a complaint form.    However in the meantime the problem got solved.    My access had been shaped inappropriately for 2-3 weeks but not worth the effort of making a compliant formally. 

thanks for you advice

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It would appear that the My Telstra app doesn't handle the display of the old Data Sharing Plans. You could send a message to mytelstrasupport@team.telstra.com letting them know of the problem.

Also, see if there is an update for the app. A new Android version got released yesterday.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

It has to be more than a "my telstra" app problem since the major concern is that my data access speed is shaped.   However, I will try what you suggest.   

Not that happy with telstra...   no reply for over 2 weeks, second query ignored    Have now been sitting on the phone for over an hour.  I have screen shots to show th problem so i live in hope.

Thanks

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I emailed mytelstrasupport@team.telstra and got a response which said fill fill out a complaint form.    However in the meantime the problem got solved.    My access had been shaped inappropriately for 2-3 weeks but not worth the effort of making a compliant formally. 

thanks for you advice

View solution in original post

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more