Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Data Charges

Hi I have been charged a ridiculous amount of data fees over the past few weeks and I'm unsure why. I have been working full time and hardly use my phone. I don't know why this has happened or how I am suppose to pay this bill.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Data Charges

Depending on what type of phone you have, in settings and data/mobile data/cellular data you can usually see a breakdown of what is actually using your data. Some things to check for are automatic updates (both app and system), check to see if Wi-Fi assist / Network Switch is on, if they are on your phone can switch itself to mobile data even when on wifi...

As far as the bill, if you feel the charges are in error speak to billing and dispute the charges with them. You can also arrange Payment Plans if the bill is over your expectation even after disputing any charges you feel are incorrect.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more