sticks
Level 1: Cadet

Data gone in one hit!

I have a 500gig NBN plan and yesterday it was all used plus another 723 gig. Our monthly usage never exceeds 50 gig.

Yesterday was the first day of the new monthly account.

I am hesitant to accept a free top up in case it all disappears again.

I am waiting to hear from message support.

Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Data gone in one hit!

It sounds like a data counter glitch.

You will need to contact a Telstra consultant either by calling 132200 or by sending a message by either:

• the My Telstra app on your mobile
  • logging into your account via the telstra.com.au website

and then go to the Get Help tab and click on the blue icon at the bottom of the screen (labelled Message Us on the website, icon only on app). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response. If you use the app, you will get a notification on your mobile when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
sticks

Thanks Jupiter for the prompt reply. I did that yesterday and am awaiting a reply.

132200 not available today.

Thought I would try Crowd support and see if anyone else may have suffered the same fate.

Dowser
Level 20: Director

You can keep an eye on your data usage via the My Telstra app.

On my mobile service that information is even broken down into daily usage.  It could be the same for a broadband service.

- if so it could be useful information for your communications with Telstra Support.

sticks

Thanks Dowser, I regularly monitor my data on the app. The Home Broadband appears to only monitor the current month. Since yesterday was the first day for this period I can only see yesterday's usage which was 1223000 mbs. I am waiting to hear whether this can be traced.

markmc
Level 4: Private Eye

Had this happen a few years back....they tried to tell me i must of d/loaded movies or something.....I dont, then offered me a 1g freebie.....(I lost 15 at the start of billing...which was a lot, then scrape through on a gig??) they should be able to trace it or your phone/whatever would say how much you used

Rohan123
Level 19: Deputy Director
Level 19: Deputy Director

Hi @sticks 

You can get more information about your daily data usage by doing the following.

go to www.telstra.com

Top right hand side, sign in, My account.

Under your services click on internet.

Then click manage.

Then click usage.

Should look like this. 

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
sticks

Thanks Rohan, I've looked at that and the information provided is only for the current billing period. Eg. 10 Apr to 9 May. 10 Apr entry is downloaded 1193.59GB, 

11 Apr entry is downloaded .272GB. Telstra need to reverse the 10 Apr entry

This won't be easy!!

notacleverclog
Level 2: Rookie

Please could you give precise instructions on how to reach the Chat window for help? What you've written doesn't work for the website. I don't have a "Get Help" tab. I have a "Help" link to click, but there is no blue "Message Us" button anywhere on that screen. Every time I try to get to the Chat, it takes me 10 minutes of randomly clicking around and right now even that isn't leading me to the right place.

Toriee
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @notacleverclog

That's strange! You should have the blue message icon on the bottom of the right hand screen, you can view the instructions on how to find the icon and engage here https://tel.st/atwm5

Alternatively, you can jump in to a chat here https://mytelstra.onelink.me/BJRB/sendmessage

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dowser

@notacleverclog wrote:

Please could you give precise instructions on how to reach the Chat window for help? What you've written doesn't work for the website. I don't have a "Get Help" tab. I have a "Help" link to click, but there is no blue "Message Us" button anywhere on that screen.

Sign in to the Telstra homepage, as @Jupiter said, and click the menu icon at the top right to select Get Help. The Message Us blue icon then appears down the bottom right of the  screen.

Jupiter

It sounds like you've missed the sign in step.

Expand the "Sign In" menu item at the top right of the webpage, then click on "My Telstra". The rest of the instructions are exactly as written (you will see the "Get Help" option and then the "Message Us" button), you just need to be logged in.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more