Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Data theft by offshore call centre operators

My data usage has recorded 10223775 kb used at 5.37 am this morning while i was asleep & the device was on airplane mode. This is not the first time I have had data stolen soon after a recharge. I believe your overseas call centre personel are stealing data. 

Therd is no other way it could dissapear with the device on airplane mode. Upur overseas call centre operators keep saying the device did an automatic upgrade. This is not true I only do upgrades when i have free wifi. The call centre people use the excuse that apple just released a new phone so updates happen. This is a load of rubbish. I asked to be connected to an Australian call centre & they refused. I want my money back Ive had enough this has to stop.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Data theft by offshore call centre operators

Hi Micalosdecarlos

This is not great to hear.

I would recommend lodging a complaint Lodging a complaint with Telstra so a Case Manager can investigate your concerns in depth as they are quite serious. 

Once a Complaint is lodged, you will be assigned a Case Manager who will be in contact within 3-5 working days to progress this. 

Kind Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more