CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Direct Debits

I received a text message from Telstra a week ago that stated should I set up direct debit to pay my monthly iPhone bill i would receive an increase in my GB usage but that hasn’t happened 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Direct Debits

This sounds a bit unusual or "suss"

Did you verify that the text came from Telstra?

I have not heard of this type of message before.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Bella281 I haven't heard of this promo either, not to say there isn't one.

But, when you set up direct debit did you do it directly through a Telstra portal, and not using a link within the sms text message?

I'd be a bit worried if you did via the later.

Maybe a Telstra Rep on here can confirm either way if there is a promo out there with this deal?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bella281,

This does sound like a scam message. There are currently no promotions where you would set up a direct debit and gain extra data.

Did the text message contain a link at all? If so did you enter your details via that link or set up a direct debit through My Account or the 24/7 app?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more