Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How to get Extra 25GB for Melbounians

Answered

Has anyone applied for the free extra data for Melbourne users? Can someone guide me how it can be done? The website said it can be done in the App from 14th July but I'm not seeing any link anywhere in the app. Found some sites telling it should be showing up on the summary page but I'm not seeing it.

Could it be a delay or could there be an issue with my account?

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: How to get Extra 25GB for Melbounians

If Codi is sending you somewhere else, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi @Littlechicken,

You could try using the link below....which I saw in someone else's post on Crowdsupport.

I don't live in Victoria, so I can't tell you if it actually works.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/covid-19-mobile-offer-melbourne

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@TM0 wrote:

Has anyone applied for the free extra data for Melbourne users? Can someone guide me how it can be done? The website said it can be done in the App from 14th July but I'm not seeing any link anywhere in the app. Found some sites telling it should be showing up on the summary page but I'm not seeing it.

Could it be a delay or could there be an issue with my account?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @TM0 

Eligible customers can apply for the extra data via our My Telstra app from Tuesday until 31 August 2020 and the data will be available within 24-48 hours. Data does not roll over. Offer not available on Day2Day plans. Please contact us via the My Telstra app if you’re a Telstra mobile customer living within the Metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire lockdown postcodes, and can’t see this offer in your My Telstra app during the offer period

https://exchange.telstra.com.au/supporting-our-customers-in-melbourne-under-increased-covid-19-restr... 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks @Ozmoz 

Do you know where in the app I can contact Telstra operator and not an auto reply system that simply guides me to their website?

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If Codi is sending you somewhere else, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I have gone around in circles talking to people for hours trying to be able to sign up for the extra data. I am really disappointed with the service I have received. The option to apply is not on my app or on my account online. I cannot find anywhere to sign up and neither can their own customer service representatives. It is ridiculous. I was easily able to during the first lockdown that included everywhere but since this recent metro Melbourne lockdown I haven't been able to. 

Highlighted

It will only appear in the My Telstra app, at the top of the Home screen. I have to refresh my screen (drag down on the screen) and it appears about 5 seconds later.

Level 2: Rookie

Unfortunately mine still doesn't come up. I even had an operator help me over the phone who ended up telling me that the reason that mine doesn't come up is because I live in Victoria instead of Melbourne not knowing that Melbourne is in Victoria...The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I have just had to get another service with a different provider instead because I couldn't get the help I needed so now I have to pay for another service. 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi @Littlechicken,

You could try using the link below....which I saw in someone else's post on Crowdsupport.

I don't live in Victoria, so I can't tell you if it actually works.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/covid-19-mobile-offer-melbourne

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more