PeterBoag
Level 1: Cadet

Internet Speed

Sudden unexplained sever drop in internet speeds and performance every speed test comes back to almost 1/10th of what im supposed to be getting and I've already done all the basic self fixes.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Internet Speed

What make/model of modem do you hae? and what are the indicators showing front and back?

If the modem has 4G backup and the front indicator is blue, then it has switched to 4G mode because of a problem with the NBN internet service...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
PeterBoag
Level 1: Cadet

model number F@st 5355 the only indicators it has is power pair and wifi on the front both power and wifi are green and stable pair is never on. for refrence im connected via an ethernet cable and on the top are link online and phone both link and online are green and stable and phone is never on as i dont use the phone line.

as another update after restarting everything the already i went from https://gyazo.com/cee766f6c06f01314b5f1b4b38fcf81a to https://gyazo.com/75a064bdee8f842bf18fcdf1ce8f1d24

SteveW_52

That modem doesn't have 4G back up..  but there is definitely something amiss with your internet.  Have you power cycled the modem?

You probably need to report it as a fault. Use the My Telstra app..

Go to Get Help,

Click on the blue Chat bubble,

When you get to Codi, type in "Consultant" or "Speak to a consultant", click on the three dots and Mark Message as Urgent then send..

You will go into a queue and it might take a while (hours) for someone to message you back..

Do not log out of the app, make sure Notifications are active..

You can then close the app (not log out) and go about your day until you get the reply message..  you can then start into a chat session to report your fault...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more