Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile data usage spikes

Hi; for some reason this month I've apparently used almost 1.5Gb of data in 2 weeks with no explanation. I'm on wi-fi at home and at work, and the only time I use cellular data is when I'm on the bus. My usage has never been this high in all the years I've been with Telstra, and yet suddenly I have 2 days where cellular usage is over 400Mb each day, and seems to be in huge 120Mb blocks. This is extremely worrying and I'd like to know if there are system issues on your side. My phone shows a total of 2.5Gb cellular usage in the past year!? Your phone support in India was pathetic.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Mobile data usage spikes

Hi NVH

I can definitely see why you'd be concerned about that data usage, it does seem to be a spike in what you are used to. Can I ask, what phone do you use? There are ways that you can check what apps/programs are using the most data and this might provide some insight into what is going on there. There is no issue with our data recording that I'm aware of, so I'm confident that it's within the handset itself. 

Sam 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more