Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

mobile phone plan

Telstra sent me an email saying my mobile plan will change on the 31st October to a plan that charges me $6 more and gives me an extra 10Gb data, I do not want to change to this new plan that costs me more, I already have 30Gb data and do not use much of that in any given month so why would I want to pay more for my plan when I don't need it or want it, seems I can't even contact them to tell them to leave my existing plan alone, numerous phone calls, extreme difficulty in trying to get a message to them or should I say an impossibility, every avenue I tried I had no success, is this their way of being able to get the increases in plans without any customers being able to stop them.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: mobile phone plan

You won't be able to stay on your existing plan as it is being retired.

To discuss your options, send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I also have issue trying to speak to someone on Telstra 132200 to no avail. I also have a query about the email in regards to auto apply plan change to $55 from $49. I only use on average 2Gb out of 30Gb monthly. I don't need that extra 10Gb. My wife and I have been with Telstra for a while. SIM plans have changed constantly but we have never been forced to change until now. Is this even legal?

Highlighted

Change to mobile plan

I received an email that my mobile plan was going to change. I have a $45 plan with 30g data which is ok. Email said this with be going up to $55 with more data allowance. I don't want more data, never use all of it now. So I don't want to change. Seems difficult to talk, email and am waiting for a response to the message chat. Is this a price rise disguised as a helpful data increase?

I don't  work full time, don't use the current data allowance & am happy with what I have.

Anybody else feeling pressured?

Highlighted

Compulsory Upgrade

Telstra sent an email notifying me that they are automatically upgrading my post paid phone plan. How do I stop this? I want to keep my current plan.

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

With the no contract plans they do have the ability to change them by providing notice, with older grandfathered plans these are the same. In this case they are discontinuing older plans to simplify their offerings, unfortunately if that doesn’t match your needs the only real options would be to speak to them in a store/dealer, or via the app to try and find a solution that you feel is a better match for your needs. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Re: Compulsory Upgrade

Unfortunately there is no way to stop it if you are one of the plans which are being completely discontinued.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

I see what you mean. My son's plan is still on contract and that's why he did not receive the email. I'll have to go to the store to speak to someone. Worst scenario, I will have to change provider.

Highlighted

well that is just **bleep**. I'm the same, i have no reason to want to change, that "Codi" chat thing is a bloody waste of time, and it IS IMPOSSIBLE to call anyone. I tried for over an hour today, I even rang the 1234 number 3 times to get them to put me through and still only ended up with the automated response that going online would help. NO, i rang on a phone so i could speak to someone, not type **bleep** messages like this with no chance of getting anything resolved. 

Highlighted

Calling 1234 is a very expensive way to try to get through (approx $4 per attempt). All it does is give you the phone number and try to put you through exactly as if you had dialed the number yourself.

The only method of making contact at the moment (barring minor miracles on 132200) is through the My Telstra app.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more