Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Night data in Western Australia

The Telstra site says that night data is 8am-8pm AEST, but my phone still appears to be using my standard data (it's after 7pm here). 

Is it really AEST or should I assume night ta really only kicks in at 8pm local time? I seem to be going through a lot of standard data and very little of the bonus night data...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Night data in Western Australia

@mm461

AEST is 2 hours ahead of WA so the use of Night Data would begin after 6pm local time for you.

If this is not happening, I would recommend talking with the Prepaid Team direct via Live Chat for assistance with this.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Western Australia is actually 3 hours behind. Several west australians, including myself are experiencing the issue of day data being used instead of night data. Terms and conditions clearly state night data is used 8pm-8am AEST which is currently 5pm-5am AWST (due to daylight saving). Telstra needs to clear this up for a lot of confused and annoyed WA customers who are seeing their day data being used in contradiction to the terms and conditions.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@LK76

AEST actually does not change for daylight savings. ADST does.
Times mentioned related to AEST (which is essentially QLD Time and does not observe Daylight Savings)

As mentioned previously, If there is a mismatch in the time zones, this is best assisted with via the Prepaid Team direct via Live Chat.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more