Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Pre-Paid sim

The pre-paid sim I purchased had 25gb for 28 days, it was purchased from Coles with recharges of 8gb with 17gb bonus for the first 3 recharges. My problem is when I activated card my account stated I had 12gb to use not 25, so 13gb missing. Due to traveling and being in some very iffy areas, I decided I would contact Telstra when I got in an area with strong signal. Finally after getting through 1hr15min I spoke to Anne, boy was she incompetent. She would not reinstate the missing 13gb claiming I had used it up in the last 8 days since activating sim. I told her to check history and reckoned I had used 17gb in the 8 days. I have not even used it the past 3 days as no reception. Anyway after the pH conversation I checked my own data usage and it was 1.7gb not 17 as she reconned. How do I get the missing 13gb. Has this happened to anyone else.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Pre-Paid sim

Hi TimRob,

Has the Pre-Paid SIM been Activated for the Pre-Paid Complete mobile phone plan or the Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Go plan?

The Pre-Paid Complete mobile phone plan $30 SIM has 8GB + 17GB Bonus Data for the first 3 recharge's (this promotion ends today :"To get 17GB bonus data recharge by 30 Jun, and make 

your next two recharges by 31 Aug.".

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

The Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Go $30 SIM only has 12GB Data and no Bonus Data. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-broadband/prepaid#simonly

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Pre-Paid sim

The sim I purchased had 25gb all over packaging from Coles supermarket. For the next 3 recharges it was 8gb + 17 bonus = 25 again. So how come it started with 12. As stated before the accounts chick from Telstra reconed I had used up 17 gig which still did not equate as I have better than 10 left. I have used 1.7 from the 12 not 17. Go figure. Will never purchase Telstra again.

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more