avachat96
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid mobile broadband old data plans with credit attached

Answered

Hi would be nice for a board regarding old data plans being migrated to Telstra new mobile data plans.

Two of my old plans have been migrated to the new Telstra mobile broadband plans and if I'm missing something let me know. I am sure I was promised additional data for the credit I had in my old Telstra mobile broadband plans which just happened to be $329.27 for<number removed to protect your privacy> which was supposed to be credited with additional mobile broadband data BUT alas I received the Telstra email to say my data plan number had changed (which it hadn't) and my $329.27 credit gone with no additional GB credits for the credit they removed from my old broadband plan. If anyone in Telstra would like to check <number removed to protect your privacy> as to what happened to the proposed data conversion from credit to GB I would like to know if it was a gimmick that I'm not happy in losing the $329.27 credit I had on the old Telstra Mobile Broadband plan. Of course maybe I was dreaming and it wasn't offered.

John

Avachat96!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid mobile broadband old data plans with credit attached

Hi avachat96,

No-one on Crowdsupport has access to customer's Accounts. You'll need to contact Telstra Pre-Paid directly on 132200 (I've found ringing between 9am and 5pm AEDT, and choosing the "Technical fault" option I can speak to a consultant).

If you can't get through on that number you'll need to send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen.

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a consultant". You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

It's very poor form for Telstra to change the mobile number connected to your Pre-Paid mobile broadband service when they changed your plan.

You are correct, your accumulated recharge credit should have been converted to Data when you were changed to the new plan. 

Have a look in the below link under "About my current recharge", this shows that your accumulated recharge credit should have been converted to Data.

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-broadband/prepaid/update?og=b2cyPTAwMzVMMDAwMDAyTUM4VVFBV...

This is a screenshot of what you'll see.

If the consultant can't help you then lodge a complaint. You'll be allocated a Telstra Case Manager. It could take up to 5 business day's or longer for a Case Manager to contact you. 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid mobile broadband old data plans with credit attached

Hi avachat96,

No-one on Crowdsupport has access to customer's Accounts. You'll need to contact Telstra Pre-Paid directly on 132200 (I've found ringing between 9am and 5pm AEDT, and choosing the "Technical fault" option I can speak to a consultant).

If you can't get through on that number you'll need to send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen.

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a consultant". You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message. 

It's very poor form for Telstra to change the mobile number connected to your Pre-Paid mobile broadband service when they changed your plan.

You are correct, your accumulated recharge credit should have been converted to Data when you were changed to the new plan. 

Have a look in the below link under "About my current recharge", this shows that your accumulated recharge credit should have been converted to Data.

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-broadband/prepaid/update?og=b2cyPTAwMzVMMDAwMDAyTUM4VVFBV...

This is a screenshot of what you'll see.

If the consultant can't help you then lodge a complaint. You'll be allocated a Telstra Case Manager. It could take up to 5 business day's or longer for a Case Manager to contact you. 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more