CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Transfer data bank balance between similar plans.

Answered

I am currently on a $30 Pre-Paid Extra plan (now closed to new subscribers) and have a healthy data bank balance.

I wish to switch to a very similar, but more attractive to me as a user, $30 Pre-Paid Max plan.

Am I permitted to transfer my current data bank balance to my new plan?

If so, how so, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Transfer data bank balance between similar plans.

@colorado, the message you got is a generic message that Telstra has been using for many year's when a customer is about to change their Pre-Paid plan.

This is some wording that I've come across that will back up what I wrote in my previous reply to you.

I'll also post the link below so you can see where I copied it from.

Under the heading: "I’m an existing Telstra Pre-Paid customer, will I automatically get the latest benefits of Telstra Pre-Paid MaxTM?"

"The following plans are fully compatible with Telstra Pre-Paid Max™. If you change from these plans to Telstra Pre-Paid Max™, you will not lose any inclusions. You will need to recharge to get the new benefits of Telstra Pre-Paid Max™.

Compatible plans:

Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™

Telstra Pre-Paid Plus

Freedom Plus™"

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/pre-paid/why-choose-pre-paid-max

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Your data bank should remain intact when you switch plan (sop long eas you do it before your existing recharge runs out).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi @colorado,

I have a spare Telstra Pre-Paid SIM that was originally on the Pre-Paid Extra plan when I purchased it.

When the Pre-Paid Max plan became available I changed from the Extra plan to the Max plan.

I didn't lose my data that was in the Data Bank....it carried over to the Max plan.

The only time you will lose the accumulated Data Bank is if you change your plan to one that doesn't have the Data Bank feature....which at this time is the Long Life Plus plan.

Just remember to change your plan first then put a recharge on.

On a side note....even if you don't have an Active Recharge (meaning that your recharge has expired) you won't lose you Data Bank unless you don't recharge within 6 month's of the expiry date of your last recharge...as your SIM will automatically be deactivated.

You do need an Active Recharge to access the Data Bank.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

@Jupiter wrote:

Your data bank should remain intact when you switch plan (sop long eas you do it before your existing recharge runs out).

Thanks, Jupiter - that is what I thought but when I attempted to action the change I received this message - 

Change offer to Telstra Pre-Paid Max™

By changing to Telstra Pre-Paid Max™ you'll lose any unused portion of your previous plan such as credit, talk, text and data.
I am a bit confused - what am I misunderstanding?

Highlighted

Thanks, Smiley3 - your detailed response makes sense to me, however, when I attempted to action the change I received this message - 

Change offer to Telstra Pre-Paid Max™

By changing to Telstra Pre-Paid Max™ you'll lose any unused portion of your previous plan such as credit, talk, text and data.
I am a bit confused - what am I misunderstanding?

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

@colorado, the message you got is a generic message that Telstra has been using for many year's when a customer is about to change their Pre-Paid plan.

This is some wording that I've come across that will back up what I wrote in my previous reply to you.

I'll also post the link below so you can see where I copied it from.

Under the heading: "I’m an existing Telstra Pre-Paid customer, will I automatically get the latest benefits of Telstra Pre-Paid MaxTM?"

"The following plans are fully compatible with Telstra Pre-Paid Max™. If you change from these plans to Telstra Pre-Paid Max™, you will not lose any inclusions. You will need to recharge to get the new benefits of Telstra Pre-Paid Max™.

Compatible plans:

Telstra Pre-Paid Extra™

Telstra Pre-Paid Plus

Freedom Plus™"

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/pre-paid/why-choose-pre-paid-max

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Again, my thanks, Smiley3. I have followed your link and I am very happy with the result. As an aside, your link provides the information for which I had searched and searched before giving up and opting to post on CrowdSupport. About to grit my teeth and press through the generic message and move to Pre-Paid Max this afternoon. My account automatically recharges on the 28th of each month so I am confident of success. I am grateful for your solution and the information provided by Jupiter. 

Highlighted

@colorado, you're welcome, glad we could helpSmiley Happy

I can understand your frustration in trying to find the information yourself.

I must admit it took me a while to find that link.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere, but came across a few other links that didn't have that exact wordingSmiley Wink 

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more