Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

USB tethering Android/Samsung Phone to Windows 10

Answered
Hi,
I have tried tethering my Samsung Note 5 and S6 and could get them to show up in Network Connections, but it did not give me internet. When I diagnosed the connection it said it had an invalid IP address. Now when I try again the next day it freezes my Network Connections window when I try USB tethering until I turn off USB tethering. Is anyone able to help?

One clue I found on CrowdSupport was a new network connection on my phone, but when I tried that internet did not work on my phone at all.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: USB tethering Android/Samsung Phone to Windows 10

So I solved it by letting the phone remain plugged in with USB tethering even through it was freezing up. After about 10minutes it worked by itself.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Why not just tether it via wifi? You can still have the phone plugged in to the USB port for charging.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Unfortunately this computer does not have wifi.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

So I solved it by letting the phone remain plugged in with USB tethering even through it was freezing up. After about 10minutes it worked by itself.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more