Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

why am i getting charged 24 cents a mb for excess data usage

Answered

I have exceeded my monthly data pack allowance by 60 mb, and my 24/7 app says my charges are $14.27 for this, works out to be about 24 cents a mb.

Would this be because i am on a 12 year old phone plan with no included data, or for some other reason. 

It's my understanding that excess data is charged usually at 3 cents a mb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: why am i getting charged 24 cents a mb for excess data usage

You are getting charged $0.25 per MB based on an old Data Pack excess rate. If you remove the Data Pack you will fall back to $2/MB PAYG charging. You can change to a current $15 per month Data Pack (1GB) should you wish to, which charges excess usage at $0.03/MB.

There is no $0.24/MB excess rate for any plan or pack, so I'm pretty sure you'll find the actual usage was 57.08MB, charged at $0.25/MB.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12: Master Detective

3c/mb excess data only applies to Mobile Accelarate Plans. It does not apply to others.

What is your plan name? If it's like an old school $20 member plan, then it's pay as you go data.

--------------------
Ms_Megahurtz
Nerdy Roller Derby Girl

** SPECIAL NOTE **
The opinions posted here are those of my own mind, and not those of my employer.
Highlighted

Old school $5.00 a month plan with a $10.00 a month data pack. 

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

You are getting charged $0.25 per MB based on an old Data Pack excess rate. If you remove the Data Pack you will fall back to $2/MB PAYG charging. You can change to a current $15 per month Data Pack (1GB) should you wish to, which charges excess usage at $0.03/MB.

There is no $0.24/MB excess rate for any plan or pack, so I'm pretty sure you'll find the actual usage was 57.08MB, charged at $0.25/MB.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks, i thought it must of been something like that because of the age of my plan.

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more