paulexocet
Level 1: Cadet

My imap incoming from telstra webmail keeps dropping out and I can't get emails sometimes for days.

Answered

As at today (11/11/20) I've not been able to receive emails since 8/11/20 and this is happening all the time. I have to use webmail or my phone. Webmail is not suitable nor is the phone from keeping the records point of view.

Are others experiencing this? Some months ago I gave control of my computer to a Telstra tech and he went right through everything. even set up another access via Firefox without success. He indicated at that time Telstra was experiencing a server problem but now it is months on and nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
KWL
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: My imap incoming from telstra webmail keeps dropping out and I can't get emails sometimes for da

I have not been able to receive emails since 8/11/20 and cannot get any support to resolve the issue. No idea what to do..... in frustration I am considering changing providers, one where customer service and support is offered.

@paulexocet wrote:

As at today (11/11/20) I've not been able to receive emails since 8/11/20 and this is happening all the time. I have to use webmail or my phone. Webmail is not suitable nor is the phone from keeping the records point of view.

Are others experiencing this? Some months ago I gave control of my computer to a Telstra tech and he went right through everything. even set up another access via Firefox without success. He indicated at that time Telstra was experiencing a server problem but now it is months on and nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

View solution in original post

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: My imap incoming from telstra webmail keeps dropping out and I can't get emails sometimes for da

Telstra Mail is rather problematic, you may need to increase the timeout period on the app on your device to allow the server more time to respond.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
KWL
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

I have not been able to receive emails since 8/11/20 and cannot get any support to resolve the issue. No idea what to do..... in frustration I am considering changing providers, one where customer service and support is offered.

@paulexocet wrote:

Any ideas?

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Telstra Mail is rather problematic, you may need to increase the timeout period on the app on your device to allow the server more time to respond.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit