JFU
Level 1: Cadet

Modem

Answered

My modem is currently labelled technicolor TG799.

Is this the latest, fastest, strongest modem I could have and if not, can I upgrade pls?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Modem

The TG799 is not the latest version. There have been 5 upgraded models since the TG799 was first released. The latest modem the Telstra Gen 2 Smart modem (DJA0231 and LH1000) has faster WiFi and faster LAN ports. It also comes with 4G backup. It cost $216 but Telstra has been offering it free to some customers. You could try contacting support and requesting a free upgrade. Another alternative is to buy one second hand. I have seen them secondhand for as low as $20. If you have a choice get the Technicolor version (DJA0231) in my opinion it better than the Arcadian version and has a similar GUI it the TG799.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Accepted Solution

Re: Modem

The TG799 is not the latest version. There have been 5 upgraded models since the TG799 was first released. The latest modem the Telstra Gen 2 Smart modem (DJA0231 and LH1000) has faster WiFi and faster LAN ports. It also comes with 4G backup. It cost $216 but Telstra has been offering it free to some customers. You could try contacting support and requesting a free upgrade. Another alternative is to buy one second hand. I have seen them secondhand for as low as $20. If you have a choice get the Technicolor version (DJA0231) in my opinion it better than the Arcadian version and has a similar GUI it the TG799.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit