TasmanSam
Level 2: Rookie

Oppo find X2 pro CPH2025AU_11_c.67 firmware update

Answered

Currently Telstra carrier provided Oppo Find X2 pro devices are running CPH2025AU_11_c.62 firmware version. In this firmware, android auto is broken and will not connect. This also breaks connectivity with DJI drone controllers (I have both). Oppo have released firmware to fix this (c63 and above) as detailed here: OPPO OS update has fixed Android Auto - Ausdroid

Currently EVERY other phone provider in Australia has pushed CPH2025AU_11_c.67 to their Oppo find X2 pro devices except Telstra. All support reps I have spoken to indicate Telstra "Can't provide me with the update" which is just ridiculous considering Optus and Vodaphone have already done it without issue (this has been documented at length on the Oppo mobile owners Australia facebook group"

When will Telstra stop letting their customers down and provide the firmware update. I have spoke to Oppo multiple times and each time they indicate this being a Telstra issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ALC2304
Accepted Solution

Re: Oppo find X2 pro CPH2025AU_11_c.67 firmware update

Telstra has released update CPH2025_11_C.72 for Oppo Find X2 Pro. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1184682081675881/permalink/2540977199379689/

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

The only reason that Telstra would prevent a manufacturer from releasing a firmware update is if it failed the testing process (for network compatibility - including required E000 functionality).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ozvave

Odd that Optus has passed updates, guess we should just thank Telstra for looking out for our interests? 😛

TasmanSam

@ozvave wrote:

Odd that Optus has passed updates, guess we should just thank Telstra for looking out for our interests? 😛

Right? Why have Optus, Vodaphone and standard Australian unlocked devices all received the update, yet Telstra "cannot do it"? it defies all logic. 

Jupiter

Telstra "cannot do it"??? What do you want them to do? The firmware is produced and released by Oppo.

So there are a number of things that may be in play here:

1. Oppo hasn't submitted the firmware to Telstra for Testing (Oppo problem).
  2. Oppo submitted the firmware and it failed testing and needs to be resubmitted (Oppo problem).
  3. Oppo submitted the firmware for testing, it passed and Opo hasn't released it (Oppo problem).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TasmanSam

@Jupiter wrote:

Telstra "cannot do it"??? What do you want them to do? The firmware is produced and released by Oppo.

So there are a number of things that may be in play here:

1. Oppo hasn't submitted the firmware to Telstra for Testing (Oppo problem).
  2. Oppo submitted the firmware and it failed testing and needs to be resubmitted (Oppo problem).
  3. Oppo submitted the firmware for testing, it passed and Opo hasn't released it (Oppo problem).

And yet every time I flag it with Oppo they say it's a Telstra issue? Would be fantastic if someone actually took responsibility. You're fast to relinquish any responsibility from Telstra but given the circumstances and that every other network provider pushed the update to their customers, there should be a 4th option on your list:

The update is released and Telstra wont approve it because they have abandoned their customers using this device. 

I see now online that C.68 firmware is now out with further android auto fixes. Can't wait to not receive that one just because of where I bought the phone from. 

Jupiter

Did Oppo tell you exactly what the issue with Telstra is? Without that, who knows what they are talking about.

If they won't tell you what the issue is, then it sounds like Oppo has abandoned servicing the owners of their hardware who are with Telstra.

MrBenni

@telstra Are you likely to release any updates to the Firmware beyond CPH2025AU_11.C.62. Oppo Tech support indicated that C.68 is available already and instructed me when I requested the link that 'my service provider will release the update in 'batches'. Super Eagerly awaiting this batch release! #telstra 5g #oppo Find X2 Pro 

TasmanSam

C.70 is now the most recent firmware and still no acknowledgement of the issue by Oppo or Telstra. Still stuck on a 6 month old security patch C.62. Absolutely pathetic. 

TasmanSam

Oppo's further responses on this issue: 

Dear Sam,

Greetings from OPPO.

I am sorry to what you are facing now and are here to solve your issues.

OPPO is using Google Android OS in their phone hardware.

When the updates received, OPPO will update their ColorOS program to improve/ beautified the phone itself.

On top of that, Mobile provider also make changes to the Android OS system to include their own features, security, etc.

This will cause delay in releasing the software patches/ updates.

OPPO will always released the firmware updates once it is available to the Customer.

That is why you see unlocked phone received the updates already.

We do not have control if it held back by mobile provider.

Appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Jupiter

That's a very useless response from them.

I can say that Telstra do not modify firmware themselves. They do provide carrier settings to the manufacturer and give them other requirements to incorporate into their firmware.

Otherwise the only part Telstra plays in the process is testing the firmware to make sure that it works properly with Telstra's network prior to giving the OK to the manufacturer for release.

If it fails testing, then it is up to the manufacturer to address the defects and resubmit for testing.

So the manufacturer has more control than Oppo alludes to in their response (in that the firmware production is completely in their hands).

TasmanSam

Useless doesn't begin to cover my opinion of their support. Absolutely hopeless

ozvave

Fixed this without Oppo or Telstra help. Android Auto working perfect and running C.72 on mine now.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/find-x2-pro-update-thread.4131759/post-85740065

MrBenni

Holy **bleep**! You sir, are a LEGEND. I just ran the update from recovery and it immediately loaded C72. I owe you a beer! Bloody legend! @TasmanSam @Jupiter @ozvave  RECOMMEND!!!!

ozvave

No problem mate. Still frustrated as to why this couldn't be sorted, but stoked to have android auto working perfectly again.

MrBenni

I know, it makes no sense to me why the previous flagship phone for a reasonable producer would be left unsupported on a network like Telstra. 

Question, have you been offered the upgrade option since you did the update to C72? My phone auto downloaded the update last night, but I've rejected the install, for fear of bricking it...

ALC2304
Accepted Solution

Telstra has released update CPH2025_11_C.72 for Oppo Find X2 Pro. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1184682081675881/permalink/2540977199379689/

View solution in original post

AAG

Thank you! My wife has been complaining about all these issues for months now, now all sorted and running C72!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit