robbygee
Level 2: Rookie

KX-TGP600 Base Unit

Hi

I've got a second KX-TGP600 Base Unit that I'm not using and was wondering if it would work for my parent's place?

Regards

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: KX-TGP600 Base Unit

The KX-TGP600  base unit could be used at your parents place. It can connect to any working phone socket or the VOIP function can be configured to work with a most VOIP phone service. 

robbygee

Hi cf4

Thanks for that. Tested it out 5mins ago and its just flashing orange. Would you know how I configure the base to make it work?

cf4

Did you plug the base into a working phone socket. Either the phone socket on the back of the modem, if NBN connection or a wall phone socket or are you trying to set it up as with a VOIP service?

robbygee

Ethernet to modem

Modem connected to NBN

cf4

The base, is it a KX-TGP600 Base Unit supplied by Telstra for a dot service. If it is you want be able to use it at your parent's location.

robbygee

I won't be able to use it?

robbygee

why?

cf4

There are two reasons it want work.

1. The Consumer VOIP service will only work with a Telstra Modem. Telstra does not supply the SIP details for setting up the service on other devices.
  2. Not all SIP configuration settings are available in the KX-TGP600 Base Unit supplied for a Telstra dot service. They have been preconfigured to only work with a Telstra dot service.
robbygee

Thank you for that

Do you think Telstra would possibly help with reconfiguring the base in order for it to work on non-Telstra modems?

Otherwise, it would just be a waste of hardware that I would rather have someone use.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more