CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

SPA504G Line Configuration

On the SPA504G How can we program the line buttons on the top right for each extension.  We have four phones, thus four extensions. Or so we thought.

We want to be able to call each other internally, as you would on any basic PABX system.

The feature is only accessible by Admin - ie Telstra techs, but they dont know how to do it when called.  We have never seen a phone system where you cant make internal calls.

Telstra indicate we need to pay for a second line - ie we have to call the second number to speak to Bob in the warehouse.  Clearly just an excuse to increase subscriptions rather than enable the full features of the provided phones.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SPA504G Line Configuration

Hi ghitchman,

I have not used business services so I can only suggest speaking to my business colleagues on 13 2000 if you are unable to gain support from other members here.

The other option would be to have a chat to CISCO support as the manufacturer they might be able to offer more insight into the functions of their hardware.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

The sysem has NO PABX Function EVEN if you did have a second line.. with two lines.. to get the second phone you have to make a normal call to the other number... The 'professional installer' who installed mine could not see a reason to put both my lines on both my phones. ..All Just another feature the ludites who designed it determined wan't necessary..( obviously they didn't need it so neither did anyone else, along with Au caller id and analogue backup)

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

G'day,

You can have more than 1 line on a phone, If using the SPA504 phones you can have up to 4 lines (ie. 1 line per button on the right side of the screen) per handset - This can be setup by the Telstra Mentoring guys, or by the Tech support team with some coercing.

Eg.

Reception, Manager, Garage phones

All phones can have visibility of all 3 lines.

Receptionist takes a call on the 'main' line, and transfer it to the manager in 1 of 2 ways.

1. Using the transfer button on the handset to dial the full number, or extension of the managers phone.

2. Using the hold button to place the caller on hold, the manager can then pick up the call from his handset by pressing the flashing red line button. (This will however keep the 'main' line tied up until the call is completed)

Highlighted

Hi What we have learnt is that you can place the caller on hold, yell out to the warehouse pick up the f*en phone.  The recipient press's red and can dial *11#.

In essence despite trying to call the T team had little clue of the advanced features of the phone.

In order to "transfer internally" it's clear Telstra will force you to subscribe to another digital line(s) to gain additional revenue, then you still have to dial the 2nd outside line to xfer. So illogical for a multiphone system.

Rather than use the basic features of sip addressing on the phone (as they manage the handset programming, if we implemented our then we would be denied the voip access).  Given it is digital and each phone has to register a seperate SIP address, Telstra could be ahead of the pack and offer this simple service but clearly are not willing to be helpful or forward thinking in this regard.

The other interesting fact was we were told the digital adsl service would be 22k to the premise (lol, apparently low utilisation and digital signal not compromised by copper distance?), but immeidately found this to be another fabrication. It is worse than the TPG signal which was congested!

Anyway once NBN is in position there is a multitude of smarter and more flexible providers out there we will change as soon as we can.

Gaz

Highlighted

Good news last night they rolled out to us the new group/park/unpark feature that will basically do this.

Bad news since then the SPA504 has not managed to log in (our analog/fax on the same account is fine) and Ive been on hold for tec support for just over two hours.

Gonna be one of those days.

Highlighted

Yep. Ours is out as well and no sign of anything from Telstra. Great new features: You now cannot receive or make any calls which resolves the transfer problem!

Highlighted

Prior to this glitch which has knocked out my phones, I was able to forward calls to another extension by forwarding the call to 20x (i.e. 201, 202 etc..) I found which phone was which extension in com pilot.

Hard Rebooted the phones now working. No communications of any sort from Telstra.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more