Sleepyhead
Level 1: Cadet

Can’t access Foxtel demand

I get this error message on Foxtel when I click on demand. Either featured, anytime or the store, saying “To Access Foxtel huge range of movies and tv shows ready to download at the touch of a button. Simply upgrade online at www.Foxtel.com.AU/upgrade or call 131 999 and say activate on demand” 

However we already have a package with Foxtel where we can access everything including demand. It just stopped working for no reason. We have a IQ-3 box and I want this resolved so I can access some channels and download some channels.

Problem is the Foxtel is through Telstra and we can’t access the Foxtel account (since if it was ever created, it was done by my grandmother who is 89 and no long has access to her emails or knows her ID/password) 

I need to know what I need to do to resolve this. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Can’t access Foxtel demand

Telstra advised customers with IQ2 devices of the removal of On Demand services for those and earlier devices, via an email campaign late last year/ early this year, offering free upgrades to IQ3 boxes. That offer expired in February. If you check emails from that time you may find the document.

I wasn't aware of On Demand being removed for IQ3 or later devices. If this has happened to you, I wonder if this is possibly related to the recent 'black screen' issue which resulted from a buggy firmware update pushed out recently. https://www.foxtel.com.au/customer-support.html

Your issues and any necessary device upgrade can be addressed through the My Telstra app, Get Help, blue chat icon  or upgraded online through the My Account page or the My Telstra app. Using the app messaging service may allow you to negotiate a deal on the device upgrade.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit