ChristopherG
Level 4: Private Eye

Cancel Foxtel

I want to cancel my Foxtel subscription after 25 years, I was one of the first people to get Foxtel, in those days it was good, no ads, EPL football, business channels, Eurosports, all gone now. It has been degraded so much it is no longer worth $10 never mind $130.

I went on Live Chat, tells me to go to the app. I went to the app, and I can't cancel, only change packages or suspend my account, so I rang the 1800 number to talk to someone and it sends me a link to something, and hangs up on me, I look at the link and can only suspend. 

I want to CANCEL, not suspend !!!!! 

Can someone please assist, tell me where I need to send my set top box to and give me a credit on my account and CANCEL, not suspend.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
ChristopherG

Re: Cancel Foxtel

Any news Telstra? All I hear are crickets. 

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@ChristopherG wrote:

Any news Telstra? All I hear are crickets. 

Hi @ChristopherG 

You will need to cancel via the app through the message option.

More information on how to leave a message via the My Telstra app can be found at
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-message-with-us-in-the-My-Telstra-app/t...

Note: If Codi (Chat system) keeps going around in circles type "Talk to a consultant"

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
ChristopherG

Thanks for the advice. Can I not speak to someone on the telephone or "talk" to them using my keyboard on my computer anymore? Typing a conversation into my iphone is not exactly easy. Would be nice to be able to ring a 13 or 1800 number and tell them what I want. I appreciate this is oh so, 2019, but seemed to work pretty well.

Rohan123
Level 19: Deputy Director
Level 19: Deputy Director

Hi @ChristopherG 

I have no idea if this will still work but worth a try.

This is an old internal Foxtel number i have 03 8325 0921

Be interested to hear back from you, if its still working?

probably best to try during normal business hours.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit