Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Canceling Foxtel

Would like to cancel our Foxtel

For the time being due to financial difficulties at this present time.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Canceling Foxtel

For disconnections you would need to call 132200 and say disconnect and the team would be able to fix that up for you. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Yes, prefer to cancel permanently.  Can't get through on the phones so I have resorted to trying here.

Highlighted

Both my husband and I have tried, phone answer... music, music, rings then music again.

This is beyond a joke.  Is there any solution?

Highlighted

Really could use a Doctor for this!

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

All ways to communicate with Telstra posted in these forums so far have been tried: Phone, App, Website, 24x7 Chat, Facebook, Twitter. NONE have been successful after repeated attempts.

I have lodged a complaint with Telstra, via MyAccount: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount

At least this way the attempt has been registered, as you should get an email receipt.

If you can't get satisfaction to your enquiry, you can lodge formal complaints against Telstra, here:

ACCC: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems/make-a-consumer-complaint

Telecommunications Ombudsman: 1800 062 058 (Monday to Friday)

Common sense. So rare it's a SUPERPOWER.
Highlighted

I downloaded the my telstra app as I was advised in an email from telstra (got a community mailer email).  I eventually found where I could SUSPEND (temporary measure before CANCELING) foxtel. 

Filled in all the fields required and yet the form would not SUBMIT.  Tells me that the required field for the Foxtel number is incorrect.  I log on to our foxtel account and there the number is at the top of the header.  I am not entering the incorrect number. So then try the number on the right side of the Telstra bill (says Foxtel 729####### (10 digit number)... Nope it doesn't even like the number Telstra have given us.  Husband tried to do this online from his desktop and apparently the Foxtel number is purportedly 1-followed by 13 digits.

Our Foxtel account number is 7 Digits (This is on all FOXTEL documentation and online)

Telstra Bill has our number as a 10 digit number

Telstra online suspension forms have Foxtel number as 1-followed by 13 digits <<< their required field number

Ah, so one wonders is this at all legitimate! 

You can't get anyone on the phone, online doesnt have any answer as to what is my REAL FOXTEL number... do they even know?

I may be a dinosaur when it comes to technology and feel this is all designed to totally obfuscate.

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Is there another number located elsewhere on the bill perhaps? e.g. perhaps a reference number instead of an account number. I have had this experience with other bills.

I agree with you, this is definitely obfuscation. Whether deliberate or by poor design matters not, because the net result is the same: customers cannot order or cancel services effectively.

The Covid-19 experience has certainly challenged us all, but in this instance it is being touted as a convenient excuse to not offering simple solutions to long standing problems. If this is Australia's largest telco then they've a lot to answer for. Terrible service!

Common sense. So rare it's a SUPERPOWER.
Highlighted

Ah success!  I went back over archived emails (a few years back) and found an email with a reference number.  It was a 1 - 1############ number on it.  I gave that a try and voila it worked. 

I have managed to suspend our Foxtel for COVID-19.  

Baby steps Smiley Wink

Makes one wonder though, why is this not on our Telstra account ?

Thank you for your help, you are indeed No, 1

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit