HD71
Level 2: Rookie

Changing back & Forth between Foxtel recording and TV channel

iQ4 query.

Is there any way to switch easily from a Foxtel recording to a TV channel and back again to the recording without having to go through HOME and Continue Watching each time? I know I can go from the recording to TV by pressing FOXTEL on the remote but going back takes a number of button presses instead of just one.

I could do it on the iQ3 but iQ4 doesn't seem to allow it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
TechieLachlan
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Changing back & Forth between Foxtel recording and TV channel

Hi @HD71. No, unfortunately, I don't believe you can switch from live tv to a recording without going through the menu screen as the iQ4 remote does not have a library button. However, if you still have your remote from the iQ3, you can try to see if that works on the box.

Kind Regards,

TechieLachlan

NOTE: I don't work for Telstra, I just like helping out fellow Telstra customers! Smiley Happy
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

My genuine IQ4 remote definitely has a Library button - one of the 3 blue/grey buttons, below the Foxtel button??

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
TechieLachlan
Level 1: Cadet

@HD71 How old is your foxtel box? It seems that they started shipping different remotes. Does your remote look like picture 1 or picture 2?

Foxtel brings voice commands to iQ3 and iQ4 remote controls - Mediaweek

picture 1

Remotes and accessories - Support - Foxtel

picture 2

NOTE: I don't work for Telstra, I just like helping out fellow Telstra customers! Smiley Happy
SteveW_52

My IQ4 is only a year  old..  with the older remote I guess - Pic 2.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

On the Voice remote, you hold the microphone button and say "Library" instead.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
HD71

Thanks TechieLachlan

I have the newer remote with the talk button.

Even using the older iQ2/3 remote it doesn't allow direct replay without going through the menus.

Thanks for the advice.

HD71

Thanks SteveW_52.

I have the newer remote and it doesn't have a Library button.

My older remote gets me to the Library but it still takes a number of button presses to get resume play of the recorded program. Talking to the remote saying Library doesn't help either as it still needs the extra steps to get to play the recorded program. A bit of a retrograde step in my opinion. 

I tried to contact Tech Support but there's a 1-2 hour wait at the moment due to the Black Screen of Death when starting up the iQ4. I get around it by selecting any channel and all comes good. Doesn't help my problem with returning to a recorded program though.

HD71

Hi Jupiter.

Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried that and it gets me to the Library page but there is still no way to go directly from TV to recorded replay from where I left off as on the earlier iQ2/3 systems. Retrograde step in my opinion.

Thanks anyway!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit