AJC3
Level 1: Cadet

CONNECT TO TV IN LOUNGE ROOM

What is the correct cable to conect to a tv that requires approx 20 m of cable into the loung area. I have tried unsuccessfully with a HDMI cable purchased from Jaycar,however despite it being fitted with amplification function it did not provide a signal to the TV

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: CONNECT TO TV IN LOUNGE ROOM

20m is a very long way to run a cable from a STB to a TV.  The problem with the Jaycar cable is it may not be HDCP compliant, and the Foxtel Box will not send the signal as it thinks you are trying to hook it up to an external recorder.

Normally I wouldn't recommend running a cable more than 3m in length, 5m at a stretch.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AJC3
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for that ,the length of cable required is to be able to conceal it through wall and ceiling cavities.

Are you able to advise as to the specified method of connecting along with the appropriate cable ? ie HDCP compliant

GlennL
Level 21: Augmented

I believe the cabler might have done it wrong or it might be a faulty cable.

He could have done a 5m run connected to a HDMI to ethernet adapter and then ran a 20m ethernet cable to the other end and then use the same adapter on the other end.

The longer the HDMI the greater chance of problems

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit