Level 1: Cadet

Connecting IQ4 to Local TV Stations

Answered

Hi guys, I recently upgraded to IQ4 and for some reason I cannot connect to the local TV stations (Brisbane channels 7, 9 & 10). I have checked cable connections, tried scanning multiple times and reset the box a couple of times to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Connecting IQ4 to Local TV Stations

Have you got a local TV antenna connected to the Foxtel box and looking for those terrestrial free to air channels?  Or are you trying to find those channels in the IQ4 Channel guide?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Have you got a local TV antenna connected to the Foxtel box and looking for those terrestrial free to air channels?  Or are you trying to find those channels in the IQ4 Channel guide?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

SteveW-52. TV antenna connected to IQ4 box. Looking for terrestrial free to air channels

https://www.foxtel.com.au/support/tv/troubleshooting/interactive-troubleshooting/free-to-air-issues/...

Scroll down to Free to Air Troubleshooting to see how to scan for channels etc.

Also, try connecting the TV antenna directly to your TV antenna input and see if the TV can get the channels. if you have a masthead amplifier (MHA) and a splitter etc, check the MHA is turned on and powered, and connections are good. If the TV doesn't get the channels, then maybe the aerial isn't right or the MHA has failed?

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit