Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Does anyone have any tips for getting the self-service foxtel suspension to work?

I have been trying to suspend my telstra foxtel service for 2 days now with no luck - it will not accept my foxtel account number even though I'm copying and pasting from my bill.  All my details are correct but I just can't get it to accept.  Any ideas?  I'm hold trying to get on to a real person to help me ..... this is my 5th attempt now .....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Does anyone have any tips for getting the self-service foxtel suspension to work?

so ... clearly this is no way to resolve this without gaining technical support.  After 2 hours on the phone, I was helped out by a very nice Telstra rep (Richard) who then rang Foxtel to organise the suspension.  He was true to his word and called me back to advise he suspended the account but also advised that there is $5 charge per month while suspended. Don't recall seeing any advice that there's a charge so that's a bit cr@p but at least it makes the decision to cancel my subscription somewhat easier.

The only problem is that I have to go through a similar process that now involves Telstra, Foxtel and Australia Post (to return the set up box). 

I will do this when I feel like I have a week to spare trying to get through to each organisation.  Why are these processes so soul destroying!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit