moffat39
Level 1: Cadet

downgrading my foxtel package

Have had a foxtel package since 2007. Upgraded my overall Telstra package last year and now have  HD Platinum Package.

For some time have not been satisfied with content. Mainly use Foxtel for sport but do watch some of the travel shows and lifestyle shows from time to time. Now getting tired of the content on the travel shows. Mainly repeats from when I fisrt started watching in 2007. Where is the new content to keep me interested. Also enjoy world movies but now finding they include movies I watched last year, Again where is the new content?

Had a look at the website tonight to see what my options are and it seem I can build my own package to suit and cost would only be $71 a month which is massive saving.

Tried to see if I can downgrade online but can not see how to. No problems in signing up but that is not what i want.

Any suggestions? I suspect that my only choice is to phone but my previous experience with speaking to Foxtel people at Telstra is not great. You can only phone during the day (who has the time when you are busy at work) and also long delays. Has this changed? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: downgrading my foxtel package

Hi Moffat39, 

Sounds like a change of Foxtel packages is certainly going to suit you :-)

And whilst you can't change your package online, the best news is that Telstra are now available 24x7 so you can call us on 13 22 00 and change your Foxtel from Telstra package in the middle of the night if you like.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

eshcas

I used the link to live chat tonight to try and downgrade my foxtel from telstra package and was told that they were not able to deal with the scope of my enquiry (whatever that means lol). No help whatsoever. Downgrading your foxtel package with telstra is akin to getting rid of a facebook account. Very tricky indeed. The sceptic in me thinks that Telstra hope you will just give up.
Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi eshcas,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive the assistance you require via chat to downgrade your FOXTEL package.

I'll be more than happy to help you out with this if you like. Send me a private message if you'd like me to do this so I can get your account details, thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

GKY
Level 2: Rookie

Is it possible to downgrade a foxtel package. Telstra will not let me do it.

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi GKY, 

Generally speaking yes. 

Although you would have to change to one of the current packages/ channel offerings. 

However, if you happen to be in a Bundle which includes a Foxtel service that you took up prior to approx April this year, then no. You are contracted to the Platinum package as part of your Bundle. 

To change your package, you'd need to remove your Foxtel from the Bundle which would incur an early termination charge for breaking your contract

billyjo

I've got a bundled package with Telstra which includes:

• home phone.
  • internet.
  • Foxtel.

I'm wanting to downgrade my Foxtel Family Plus IQ Package and as of 2:50pm, Tuesday Jan. 7, 2014 I've been on hold with Telstra +37-min. awaiting them to transfer me to Foxtel so as to complete my wish of downgrading package.

The Telstra rep. said that even though my account is bundled with Telstra (Foxtel by Telstra), any changes must be made thru Foxtel.

What I'd like to know is your previous posting commented about having to change bundled packages (I'm assuming you meant dropping the Foxtel from Telstra) and setting one up separately with Foxtel with no ties to Telstra.  Is this correct ?

I've been signed up since 2004 so I'm guessing I won't be breaking any contracts as it's long over the typical 12/24-month contract.

Thanks in advance !

Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey billijo,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

Changing bundle packages does not mean that you'd be setting up a new Foxtel service with Foxtel. Your bill still remains with Telstra unless you have contacted Foxtel Direct and have requested to transfer your services to them from Telstra.

If you're out of contract and your services are bundled together, and you wish to change your Foxtel package, you may have to re-contract. To discuss this further, please have a chat with our Telstra 24x7 Live Chat Team. Thanks billyjo.

1Clinton2

can i pay off cancelation fees for broadband and foxtel from telstra in $50 installments ?

Renee
Level 21: Augmented

Heya 1Clinton2,

The charges are applied lump sum, however, you're more than welcome to organise a payment arrangement with our Credit Management team on 13 22 00.

1Clinton2

thanks renee it will make it easier if i can pay them off in installments as i have large fine to payoff and don't want to get into a huge deb't with telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit