Level 1: Cadet

Error Code: URLERROR503

I've reset, restarted, and uninstalled my foxtel app on my Telstra TV and still have this error coming up. My software is up to date. Just need to find out what the hell is going on and if i need to get rid of my Telstra TV or find a more suitable one that won't continually have this same error.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Error Code: URLERROR503

It means that the Foxtel Server is unavailable. Is your internet connection in general working ok? Can you log in to foxtel.com.au and play videos in a browser?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Yes internet is working perfectly, am able to watch netflix ( am watching netflix right now ) and am able to log into foxtel on my phone and watch. 

Netflix is not really relevant as it is a Foxtel server error. Is your phone and watch using the same connection as your Telstra TV? If they are on the mobile network, then it won't identify the same problem if it's caused by your home internet connection.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Obvioulsy if i am at home watching netflix and check to see if my foxtel on my phone is working because the Telstra TV foxtel app isn't working, i would imagine i am using my home internet, which is working perfectly fine. 

Not obviously, actually. A lot of people don't bother switching their phone onto wifi when they are at home. That is why I asked.

Level 21: Augmented

Not entirely guaranteed - your phone could be connecting to Foxtel via 4G and not Wi-Fi.. it would be useful if you could check and make sure..

Something else you could try is to connect your TTV with a cable rather than Wi-Fi..  sounds odd I know, but I encountered an issue on a TTV at the weekend where a couple of apps weren't updating properly over Wi-Fi, changing to cable fixed it and the TTV could then go back to Wi-Fi and have no more problems..  

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit