unclemarvo
Level 2: Rookie

F025 Error

On the 27th October suddenly we weren't able to view any channels from our IQ2 box with the error that our SIM card was "unauthorized". Strange, it's always been the same SIM card for about 17 years. After painful support interactions they had to update the SIM card number recorded against our account in the system to match the actual card we have in the box (no explanations as to how it was changed in the first place); this fixed our access problem, happy days.

However, now when we try to play back any program recorded prior to the 27th October we get the error F025 "You can not playback this content because you were not authorised at the time of the recording". Brilliant. I've tried to get this fixed, but apparently it isn't possible. Anyone had this problem before, and was it resolved?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
jayonaise
Support Team
Support Team

Re: F025 Error

It does sound strange if it is still the same card from when you made the recordings. But it is an error that could happen if the IQ2 was disconnected or a problem with the hard drive getting old. You could try skipping ahead in the recording, but if there is still no access, there may not be a way around it.

Let the Sales/Foxtel team know about the pain it's caused you. They should be able to consider your past 17yrs loyalty and see if there is something they can offer with an upgrade to a new box.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The recordings probably have the wrong account details associated with them. This makes them unplayable when the account details are updated. There is no workaround or fix to this problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
unclemarvo
Level 2: Rookie

Yes that’s what I assumed. Oh well, IQ2 is nearing its end of life anyway. I’ll probably ditch Foxtel soon as there aren’t that many things we watch on it any more. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit