any ideas how to combine and save some money its approx 500 per month 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: foxtel and expired plan

Do you have an internet service (possibly the home phone?)

Are all of these services on separate plans/accounts at present?

(The iPhone 11 'plan' is likely to be a device repayment plan, the service itself is probably month to month)

Foxtel is direct with Foxtel?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

yes home phone nbn on a seperate account with telstra 

the 2 mobiles on the same account so the iphone is now paid off but the plan is still the same unless it changes next month 

foxtel is with foxtel 

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Do you get an emailed bill? Have you looked at that?

The $99 cost you nominate for the home phone is likely to be part of the Internet service, and is only a small portion of that billed amount. If you cancel the 'home phone' you will effectively be cancelling the internet service - is that what you want to do?

With the mobiles, they are on the same pan, but separate to the home phone/internet account? It can get confusing with plans that include a device repayment option.  There is the plan cost (which you can change on a month to month basis) + the device repayment portion. If one of the iPhone is paid off, you next bill should reduce by the device repayment amount. The biggest portion of the amount for each phone will be be the mobile plan you signed up for.

Do you know which plan you are on for each of the iPhones? Look at the Telstra page https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/sim-only-plans

to work out which plan is best for the way you use your devices, you are probably on the old Large plan (should show that on you emailed bill). The current plans are month to month - Small, Medium and Large and Extra Large - based on the most part on the amount of included data - so how much data do you actually .  The is a promotion on the Extra Large plan which looks good, but is only of value if you actually use heaps of data. be ruthless about what you really need. Some of the promotional plan offering have a sting in their tail after, with the cost rising after a period of time, so check the fine print.

Once you know that, you can use My Account on a PC, or the My Telstra app to change your plan. The phone still with repayments, you may not be able to change but the other one you should. You should still be able to save some monthly $$$ though.

Telstra plans are very confusing, with old 'grandfathered' plans still active as people haven't changed anything since day dot on the service.

My advice would be to sort out the plans first, once that is done then look at combining the mobiles into your main home phone/internet account (or vice versa but that might be a challenge to far for the Telstra Chat flunkies)..  If you try an do it all in one go, I would put money on it all getting messed up by Telstra in ways you probably haven't even imagined let alone want to experience. More work for you of course, but you can manage it better that way..  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit