Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel anytime downloads very slow

Answered

Hi
Recently had NBN installed (Fixed Wireless 50/20).
Foxtel Anytime Catchup can take hours to download a show (0.9 Gb).
Ip connectivity test shows download speed of just 0.7 Mbps.
I have set static Ip for the IQ2 on my Telstra Gateway and manually set the network on the IQ2.
I've opened/forwarded ports 33111 for TCP and 33222 for UDP.
The IQ2 is connected by Ethernet (new Cat 6e cable) to the Gigabit port on the Gateway.
But I still only get 1.2 MbpsIP Connectivity test results.
I get nearly 20 Mbps over the wireless network on my IPad and 35 Mbps on my laptop (also wireless).
My question is why is the IQ2 connectivity so bad and how do I fix it?

Thanks

DavidJ2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel anytime downloads very slow

I believe that you call Foxtel on 131 999. - Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DavidJ2,

I do apologise that you have been experiencing slow speeds on your iQ2 box.

Are you able to try plugging the ethernet cable that you have plugged into your iQ box, into a laptop computer and perform a speed test from that port?

Just so that we can test the modem port and cable.

- Jarred

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Thanks Jarred,
Done this a couple of times download speed max 44.7mbps and min 37.8 Mbps. situTion now worse getting paused-error on anytime catchup downloads. Also had one socket error 127.
Problem still persists.
DavidJ2

Also tried every port on modem same issue.
Streaming services Apple TV and Telstra TV work fine in HD both wireless and Ethernet.
David
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you tried restoring your modem to factory defaults recently and testing the connection without any port forwarding rules etc?

- Shelly

Hi Shelly
That was the first thing I did along with removing the static Ip as well as variations of both.
Still no luck
Thanks
DavidJ2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The only other suggestions that I have would be to restore the Foxtel IQ to factory defaults (if you haven't already) and contact Foxtel to see if they would replace the device.

- Shelly

Thanks Shelly
It's a Foxtel from Telstra IQ2.
Do I contact Telstra or Foxtel?
David
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

I believe that you call Foxtel on 131 999. - Shelly

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit