Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel Cancelation

With all the disruption caused be covid 19 please can you advise on how I can self-serve a cancelation of a service that I no longer require. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel Cancelation

Unfortunately you can't self serve a cancellation, you need to call 132200.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I am in same boat - the 132200 contact centre has a automatic msg around cannot take calls due to COVID

been trying for 10 days to cancel 

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

@Nik16 

They've done this on purpose because they knew customers will come out in their thousands to cancel due to no sport. But they're refusing customers to cancel. Clearly an illegal move.

Highlighted

Yes it is an illegal move.. is there someone at telstra observing this message? I am actually planning to tag Andy Penn on LinkedIn who I am following. Let’s see 

Highlighted

Try sending a message on either Facebook or Twitter, there are consultants/techs manning the social media platforms (including most of the Telstra people who are usually on here).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

They're not manning social media Jupiter. You just need to look at all the peoples posts to realize this.

Highlighted

I'm on Twitter now and they are definitely there. They are working through the questions as fast as they can.

Highlighted

Hi,

We need to cancel our Foxtel in our Rental and I am hoping this Community will find some easy solution, instead of calling them.

Should have done that months ago but was too slack.

Thank you!

Highlighted

There is no easy way to contact Telstra at the moment. Try sending a message via Facebook or Twitter.

Highlighted

Same here, cannot get to Telstra to cancel Foxtel.  Its time to go to the Telecommunications Ombudsman.  They will put a rocket under Telstra.  Clearly a deliberate ploy to not answer the cancellation line and to leave callers hanging.   I have been waiting now 35 mins for someone to speak to.

Highlighted

Guys, tag @andy_penn on Twitter with your grievances.. I have done it - let’s see

Highlighted

Good one Nik.  Pls let us know if you hear back.
I would very much like to keep that Foxtel in our Investment Property but the Tenants have been there nearly 2 years and still refusing it. I have been paying $5/month for suspending  the service so I think the time has come to cancel it.

We do have Foxtel at home and will keep it for sure.

Highlighted

I have been trying to contact Telstra for days so I can cancel my foxtel service but cannot get through via the Chat, phone, and the app keeps crashing. Can anyone tell me how I can get hold of Telstra so I can cancel my foxtel? 

We 

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

I believe customers have access to downgrade or cancel ~some~ packages here: https://tel.st/ywxh8
GOOD LUCK!
Please post feedback if this method is successful for you as it will be good to know!

Common sense. So rare it's a SUPERPOWER.
Highlighted

Thanks.  This looks good if you just want to cancel certain channels. 

For us, currently we are paying $5/month just to keep the account.  Been doing that for 2 years now and Tenants still dont want it.... So now we want to cancel Foxtel altogether.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit