mrjmxq
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel channels only available from tuner 1

When i plug the sattelite cable into tuner 1 (on the back of the iq3) i can only see foxtel channels (items 2 to to 0 on Tv guide)  and the channels under item 1 ( ch 9,7,2,10,sbs) give the f0100 error. If i plug the cable into tuner 2, the opposite is true , ie i can see 10,9,7,2 and sbs and all the others give f0100

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel channels only available from tuner 1

There is supposed to be a cable connected to both Input 1 and Input 2, not just to one of them.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
mrjmxq

makes no difference.  only swapping point 1 from tuner 1 to tuner 2 works

swapping point 2 does nothing

mrjmxq

more investigation

1 - LH point on wall -> Tuner 1 gives me 2,7,9,10,SBS - no foxtel

signal test on settings - nothing

LH Point on wall -> Tuner 2 gives me all foxtel channels but NO 2,7,9,10,SBS

signal test on settings - all 3 tuners have good signal

RH Point on wall-> nothing - i reckon its dead - if i plug RH point on wall -> tuner 2, i have no signal in settings

Jupiter

What I mean is that the cable should be plugged into both Input 1 and Input 2. If the LH point on the wall is the only one that is connected to the satellite connection, then there should be a splitter inserted between it and the iQ box to provide the 2 inputs.

The RH point on the wall could be connected to a regular antenna (which is a common way that these were set up). So you could try connecting the RH point to the Antenna connection on the iQ, tune the channels and see if you get the FTA stations that way.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
mrjmxq

not true

i DO NOT get the 2,7,9,10 and SBS via the ariel, its via sattelite dish  I have 2 coax cables

coming from my sattelite dish 

there are 3 inputs on the back of the IQ 3, look on the back of the box

1 - Tuner 1

2 - Tuner 2

3 - Ariel

Cable install might be different, i dont know

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit