Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel disconnection new contract

Hi, we've just signed a new contact and switched onto NBN. We had foxtel by telstra on our old contract (term up and was month to month). Foxtel is not part of the new contract but still seems active. I'm wondering if this should have automatically been disconnected, or do we need to actually ring up & ask for disconnection? TIA

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Foxtel disconnection new contract

It would stay active on the same details until you requested specifically to change it or cancel it.
Even when it is in a bundle, it usually will be on one of the standard Foxtel plans but essentially with a bundle discount taken off that.
Your best bet is to call 132200 and say "disconnect" between 8am and 9pm and they will be able to get it fixed up for you.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Foxtel disconnection new contract

@Ally8 wrote:

Hi, we've just signed a new contact and switched onto NBN. We had foxtel by telstra on our old contract (term up and was month to month). Foxtel is not part of the new contract but still seems active. I'm wondering if this should have automatically been disconnected, or do we need to actually ring up & ask for disconnection? TIA

Personally, what I would do is remain mum. See what happens with the billing and if you are not getting charged for it then great :-) Someone might have forgotten to turn it off or buggered something up?

Also, when you log into https://www.my.telstra.com.au you can click on a tab called "My Offers" which should also show what is available to you.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit