Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel from tbox via Foxtel GO app not working anymore

Answered

image.pngI have contacted Telstra multiple times since yesterday and apparently they can't support the Foxtel go app for Foxtel via tbox customers. They referred me to Crowd support. Here is the error message I get when trying to login to the Foxtel go app using my tbox/Telstra ID. I can see on crowd support there are a number of people having the same issue. Someone at Telstra needs to talk to Foxtel to try and get this working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel from tbox via Foxtel GO app not working anymore

Hi everyone, just tried it this morning and looks like they fixed it ☺
Working perfectly

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I also have the exact same problem, very frustrating. I have tried reinstalling foxtel go app and also updated my ipad.

Highlighted

I am having the same issue, called foxtel and they said they cant help and sent me to telstra and then was sent telstra after troubleshooting and they confirmed I do have a Tbox subcription and was sent back to foxtel..very frastrating..hopefully they fix this issue soon or I will be cancelling the Tbox service

Highlighted

Further testing that I have done is:

- deleted app from ipad and reinstalled from store.

- reinstalled app on Windows laptop  and received the error in the screenshot.

- installed on Mac and after logging in nothing happens

.windows.PNG

Highlighted

I get exactly the same script error.  Has been doing that for a few days.  I have tried several things to fix it and nothing has worked. Resetting IE settings and going through all the usual IE script error fixes. Uninstall and reinstall Foxtel Go app also. Logging in with a foxtel ID works fine it's only tbox IDs that have this issue.  

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi everyone, just tried it this morning and looks like they fixed it ☺
Working perfectly

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This is working for me now too.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Awesome to hear that things appear to have been resolved now.

Please advise if there are any further difficulties

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

I have Foxtel from TBox and I just tried to download and use Foxtel Go on my laptop for the first time and got the same Script Error message.  I restarted my computer but still no good.  I then rang Telstra support but was told there is nobody I can talk to, only the Crowd Support website. It was also suggested that I uninstall and reinstall the app.  I did that, but still got the same script error on trying to log in.  Is there any solution?

Highlighted

It was working but AGAIN is down !!!! Is getting really frustrating. You get the same message as before !! Would love to use what I pay for!!

Highlighted

The app is still not work when will Foxtel and Telstra fix this on going problem for good. .? 

Highlighted

Not working for me again too, same error message, very disappointing 😢
Highlighted

Come on Telstra,  what are you doing to fix this!?!

Your paying customers would appreciate an answer. 

Highlighted

Hi Can anyone advise how to get the Foxtel Go log in working again on our devices?..Ive called telstra-foxtel-telstra-foxtel again and again and still no one can help...Ive checked the log ins and all are correct....Please help meeeeeee

Highlighted

how did you get it to work?..Thanks

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi sw1234,

Have you been able to contact our T-Box Faults team to check the credentials against the BigPond username? 

They can be reached any time on 1300136841.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

In my opinion what I think happened back in December was that the Foxtel Go program was "updated" and this caused the login problems for Foxtel on T-Box customers.  I believe they (Foxtel) eventually fixed that problem enabling us to login again.  This may be what happened again this time, but what I and others found so incredibly frustrating is that NOBODY knew what was wrong, or cared to know, or took any ownership of the problem - hence the volleying back and forth between the two companies and then the advice to go to Crowd Support - where we go when nobody can or will help us... grrr  Smiley Mad

Funny, but this happened again with the Olympics on 7 website and the Telstra mobile customers having free Premium access.  When the website wouldn't validate the access for me (brought up a Telstra page with "no mobile plans found on your Telstra ID" - but I had three!!!).  I got volleyed back and forth and then sent to Crowd Support - where we go when nobody in the company can or will help us - or cares... sigh  Smiley Sad

Back to the Foxtel Go and T-box customers - keep trying and you may get in once the IT Crowd get the program fixed.  And keep complaining.

As for me, I have dropped my Foxtel subscription from the T-Box.  Ater giving the Foxtel Play subscription a try using my Smart TV, I dropped that too (sound on sports was way out of synch, and watching those tennis games with the grunts in the wrong place was just too weird).  I also was unhappy that Foxtel lost the EPL rights.  I now have a mobile phone plan with Optus and a Fetch Mini so I can watch EPL - FREE for this season too!  The entertainment pack for $15/mth is also looking very enticing as it includes ESPN, BBC, etc.

Once my Home Bundle plan term expires I may jump completely off the Telstra ship.  The really need to pick up their game Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted

I am having same issues with foxtel GO. Was working a couple of days ago now getting message that i cant log in as i have reached maximum number of device changes this month? I still should b able to view on current registered devices shouldnt i?? I have made 2 phone calls to telstra/foxtel with no luck.. any help would b appreciated thx

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit