Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Foxtel from Telstra Plan Change

Answered

I want to downgrade from platinum but can't seem to do it from mytelstra app. Is calling Telstra the only way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel from Telstra Plan Change

@BillH2 wrote:

I want to downgrade from platinum but can't seem to do it from mytelstra app. Is calling Telstra the only way?

Hi @BillH2 

Yes, you need to try the messaging section within the My Telstra App.

It gets prioritised on urgency so it may take some time.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

@BillH2 wrote:

Hi @BillH2 

Yes, you need to try the messaging section within the My Telstra App.

It gets prioritised on urgency so it may take some time.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yep you have to call them, its sucks. I love how you can upgrade online but not downgrade. I also love how customers on the platinum and bigger packages have gotten no credits due to sport not being available but those on little packages have had bonuses thrown in for free. What an amazing way to treat your best customers! Also when I login to my Telstra account online and go to select "manage" in the Foxtel from Telstra section nothing loads, just a perpetual spinning icon. The exact same thing happens on the app on my phone when I try to look there. Love the convenience. Can't even check exactly what Im signed up for. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I’m assisting relatives with 2 different Foxtel accounts, one is Fox direct and the other with Telstra.All I know is that when I go to manage in the Telstra site it pretty much takes me to the same page as Foxtel site and I pretty much can’t do much on either. I rang the support number from Foxtel site and waited an hour to be answered by Telstra rep who told me I had to ring Fox direct and when I arced up that I had rung Fox direct, he said he would transfer me (with priority) to them. After 2 more hours I was answered and easily cancelled a channel and paused my sport pack. I can’t work out what to do with the Fox/Telstra account as I don’t know if I have another 3 hours in me. I think everyone is crazy getting Fox! Something fishy going on with these two companies.

Highlighted

Hi @TelFoxUSuk 

I think the easiest thing to do is if you want Foxtel is to get Foxtel Now. You can easily change packages online with that, whereas, well, you know what headaches people have to go through otherwise :-(

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Yes I think you are right, something fishy is going on. I think both Telstra with their call centres offshore and Foxtel with their cancelled Sports are both struggling to deal with their multiple issues. I am pretty close to pulling all the kit out, sending it all back and cancelling my direct debit. 

Highlighted

I messaged through the app on 9th of April. It's a waste of time. No one gets back. This company doesn't give a damn about their customers. We have platinum package and want a credit as there's no sports and possibly upgrade to IQ3 or 4 so we don't have to pay Netflix separately which is what we're doing. There is ZERO support. We're out of contract so close to pulling everything out and cancelling direct debit. 

Highlighted

It took 2 days over the weekend and 3 different staff but finally managed to get a small discount off my internet but no luck on the Foxtel side. Better than nothing but it takes so long compared to a phone call!

Why does Telstra provide misleading information. You ring their number 132200.. The phone numbers says that can’t attend to it due to Covid 19 go to the My app. The My app says cant do phone 132200. What is happening at Telstra ?

Highlighted

Forget it! No way can be done. You are stuck in a scam ad we all are. Been trying for 8 weeks. No luck. Keep all correspondence to take to ombudsman 

Yep
Highlighted

Finally got someone to remove the packages that I didn't want. Now I can see the link in the app to remove other packages. Also can suspend or swap packages monthly through the app. Hooray! Only issue now is why do new customers get multiscreen and Netflix included for the same price existing platinum customers pay? Loyal longterm customers are being ripped off!

Highlighted

It doesnt work, my contract is ended and these idiots cant remove it. 

Highlighted

@VinodSreekumar wrote:

It doesnt work, my contract is ended and these idiots cant remove it. 

Hi @VinodSreekumar 

I believe the disconnection team is working now.

Call 13 22 00 between 8 AM to 9 PM M-F.  Say "disconnections" to the bot lady and that should put you through to the team in Adelaide.

Let us know how you get on?

Highlighted

At the moment (26/06/2020), thanks to Covid-19, the "messaging" service is the only way to reach someone. Saying "disconnections" led to a prompt that included "cancel a service". The bot lady tells you to use the app and hangs up.

Highlighted

sure doesn't work right now. 7 days and still waiting

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit