Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel Go Content Locked

Hi,

One of the channels on Foxtel Go (Arena)  which I have on my ipad  has all of a sudden  been locked. All other channels are ok and the locked channel on foxel go is unlocked and available on my television.

I have uninstalled Foxtel Go and reinstalled on my ipad but same result

How do I unlock the channel on Foxtel go?

Thanks

Lyn

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted

Re: Foxtel Go Content Locked

yeah i have the same issue

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Lynlyn567 and johnt87

Can I please confirm what program it was that you were trying to watch and also if the issue is still there?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Having same issue. Arena working on tbox but not on Foxtel go on iPad comin up with locked key
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

This is happening to me also, what's happening?
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi all, 

Can you advise if the issue is on the iPad, any other devices attempted? 

If completely logging out, resetting, and logging back in, does the issue continue? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Yes after doing all that it's still showing on the arena channel on my mobile phone the locked key symbol saying not available with my package which is incorrect as can watch on my television set at home.
Highlighted

Problems occurring on iPad have logged out reset and back in still have problems
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Same issue now Friday has anyone heard from Telstra or Foxtel on this?
Highlighted

Haven't heard anything from them. Is this a Telstra or Foxtel issue
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kpwest75,

This particular App is supported by Foxtel so I would recommend possibly speaking with them to see if this can be reviewed. 

-Patrice

Highlighted

Hi Patrice, nice in theory but Foxtel have an opposite view that as Telstra customers we should be contacting Telstra. I have also posted the same question on Foxtels support site with no answer. If Telstra is not able to support or at minimum escalate the issue on behalf of its customers they should not advertise access to the app as part of the TBox service offering. I would assume that it is a technical issue between the Telstra and Foxtel interfaces as the problem is not effecting Foxtel direct customers. Are you able to escalate this internally to have it investigated rather then fob the issue elsewhere?
Highlighted

Please see following response from Foxtel. As you can see Foxtel are unable to assist a Telstra Customer so tag looks like your it. FYI don't really like playing tag so if you'd be so kind as to fix the issue without trying to bounce me back I'd be very grateful.

Foxtel Hi Michael, thanks for getting in touch. I have spoken with our online team who have adivsed me that there have been a few reports of Tbox customers having difficulty with Arena. I understand you've already contacted Telstra, and while the Foxtel Go application is provided by Foxtel, access to the application is linked to a profile that can only be supported by Telstra directly. Because the profile is connected to your Telstra account, we are therefore unable to investigate the cause further. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and we kindly request that you contact Telstra again for assistance.
24 mins
Highlighted

I have a samsung galaxy note 10.1 have had no problems with foxtel go ever until now, I have tbox from telstra. All working ok. My foxtel go is now locked to Arena and I cant watch. I have tried un installing logging in and out still nothing. Its sunday and I rang Telstra. Two and a half hours later and 11 people transferred to. Still no one could help me. Sooooo angry. They said there is no support for foxtel go. Now told to post on here and hope someone has an answer. Someone from telstra or foxtel take responsibility. does anyone have any answers please..?? Thanks

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Geng25

I have PM'd you with further details. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Highlighted

Hi tom, what does PM'd mean where do I look? Thanks

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

You need to go to the homepage and click on the envelope as seen below to access your Private Messages and you can reply there

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Highlighted

HAPPENING TO ME TO! Please contact me

Arena is not working on Any foxtel go service
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi fsf

Can I please confirm if this is a constant issue or is it just happening for certain programs? 

Highlighted

Constant issue.. For Arena channel only on Foxtel go

Says it is locked - can use others

Theres a heap of people commenting about it - Tbox team says to contact here and Foxtel says to contact telstra so
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the reply fsf

We are currently investigating and will provide an update upon findings. 

Highlighted

image1.PNG

Highlighted

As we can see just Arena for my package. Who is going to fix this? Foxtel just says no we can't help because you dont have a foxtel ID you must contact Tbox - then tbox tells me they only deal with tbox channels on tbox.. they said to go here.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi fsf, mvanbeest, Kpwest75, Paulla2 and anyone else having issues,

Please send me a Private Message with the following info:

Account name:

BP email:

MAC address:

Fox Package they are on:

Cheers

Highlighted

Hi Dani39 logged a fault with Patrice (Telstra) via online form so info already provided (on 24/7 Facebook page) replied with SR number generated. Am curious though appears to be a mass fault effecting TBox users so why the need to gather so much individual data. Would appear fault lies in the Telstra/Foxtel interface rather than individual accounts?
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us mvanbeest and also sending through details for Patrice.

In regard to the T-Box fault, it is something we're looking into to identify whether it is a widespread issue or affecting only some customers. Needless to say, we continue to work to find out what's going on.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi all,

Thanks again to all those that have raised this issue which we are activity working on with Foxtel  – once it’s restored to the channel line up we’ll circle back to let you all know.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi fsf and everyone else who is experiencing issues. 

I have been advised that all should be fixed with Arena lock-out issue on Foxtel Go. Please advise if otherwise

Highlighted

Thanks a lot. Arena seems to load now on my Foxtel Go! Excellent news. Did u find out what happened? Seemed so odd how a random channel would stop on an app service and not on the TV! THX again
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi fsf,

Not too sure on what happened exactly but fantastic to hear that this has been resolved Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit