Level 2: Rookie

foxtel GO login issue

Often when opening up the foxtel ap on andriod I get the "oops" message saying that i couldnt find my subscription, usuallly to just re-longin and its OK. Today I got the messgae but now I cant login it constantly indicates it cant find my sunscription.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: foxtel GO login issue

I would suggest trying to delete and reinstall the app, and see if that helps.

If you are able to, try it on another device and see if it is only that device or the Foxtel ID

If both of those result in the same issue, then give 131999 a call between 9am and 7pm EDST and speak to the Foxtel Faults team and they should be able to help get it sorted...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same issue Harry_f 

Highlighted

Is it on an android device as well?

I just tried on the devices I have here which are a Windows PC, a Mac Laptop and an iPad and all are working without an issue for me... but it could be an intermittent issue or if yours is android as well -- could be an android issue.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Yep. Both my sons iPads have this issue trying to login with Foxtel for TBox logins.

Highlighted

The issue also occurs on my ipad also so it must be related to the foxtel id.
Highlighted

No ipad
Highlighted

Hi All, i rang support, they said there are no 'faults' that have been lodged between foxtel and telstra and just said to keep watching these forums for help, and the issue so far seems predominately on apple devices, i have tried the apple desktop app and two ipads, none can login anymore but the actual tbox still is working,

Highlighted

It seems to be more a tbox idea issue, as there have been about 4 other posts in the last 48 hours all with the same issue and all with Foxtel on tbox.

Helpful Links

Highlighted

What a bloody joke this Telstra company is!!!

you spend all sorts of money with them for years and years and then something goes wrong and you get put on hold for 35 minutes, then after talking to a person with no clues whatsoever, then put you on hold again for another 6 or 7 minutes and ask you to uninstall and reinstall (which i had done already) and then I do it while on the phone and it still doesn't work.

Then she tells me that she is going to have to "escalate" the issue to someone who actually can "maybe" fix the problem, but that I have to wait for a call some time in the next 24 hours!

I am sick and tired of not getting any form of real service!!  People who can actually help?

Then you have people on this forum posting things saying......."try to uninstall and reinstall.......and if that doesn't work, call the support number".  Thanks for nothing.

Highlighted

Well Chris. Like you, most of the people on this forum are fellow customers... Meaning that they can only help with general troubleshooting. If the general troubleshooting doesn't help then it would suggest either a fault (as this seems to be) or an account specific issue... Neither of which another customer would be able to help with as they, like yourself, have no access Telstras or Foxtels systems to fix the issues. So while in your case you find it abhorrent that anyone would dare try and assist in other cases it can be of assistance and many users find solutions to many general queries from the vast range of users on these forums.

The Foxtel staff by default do bounce people back to Telstra as only Telstra can help with billing issues but as it is a Foxtel ID issue and only Foxtel have control over management and faults, it should be the Foxtel Go support team who should be helping. Should. But based on the feedback they are just throwing their hands in the air...,
Helpful Links

Highlighted

I've got the same issue for the last two days on my iPad. Worked fine for years till now. Have rebooted everything. Upgraded iPad to latest iOS. Rang support - said its a problem with the app, her last five calls are the same problem, and to check crowd support for a fix. 

Highlighted

Oh, and uninstall reinstall the app did not work either

Highlighted

Well well, just thought i would give it one more try before i call the fault number  and you guess it !!  i now works !!!  Both Andriod an Ipad are ok.  Guess they must have fixed something ???

Highlighted

That is great to hear Harry...

Obviously they got enough calls that it finally reached someone with some intelligence to get it looked into...
Helpful Links

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Try changing your telstra password it worked for me

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit