gfk
Level 6: Bloodhound

FOXTEL IQ HD network connection can't find listings/on-demand

MY HD IQ box is 14 months old and has worked flawlesslessly since it was turned on and tested with both coax and cat6 connected.  Everything has been great and nothing has been changed . . . but on Monday evening we noticed that we could neither "scroll to the left" to access previous programs (those in bold) nor view anything but the "already on the box" on-demand content (screen F503, "Listings not available").

We have the whole home wired Cat6 and, as mentioned, nothing had been changed.  Three cables appear in the lounge: one to SmartTV, one to a media player, and one to FOXTEL.  All three cables work (e.g. view SBS On Demand on the TV and YouTube on mu Oppo box), and I'd switched them earlier this week and, of course, when on the telephone to FOXTEL this morning.  The IQ always knows it's connected to my router (IP adress, and DHCP renewal works).  But this week it seems incapable of getting beyond it to reach FOXTEL's content.

I have a service call booked for next week, but am I missing anything obvious or, for that matter, anything less than obvious, please?  Is this perhaps a systemic fault affecting more than just me?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: FOXTEL IQ HD network connection can't find listings/on-demand

Hi gfk,

That is definitely strange. There isn't anything that I am aware of that would cause this so it would be best to wait for the technician to come out and work out what is going on. If it is something that can be fixed without replacing your box let us know

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit