RobertW1
Level 3: Gumshoe

Foxtel IQ2 replacement box

Does anyone from Telstra know what is happening to those people who have the old IQ2 box and have now lost access to the on-demand shows and are needing an upgrade box.

It seems some people have been offered a free new IQ and others have not ?

What is going on ? Can we get some sort of statement as FOH staff have no idea what is going on.

It seems pretty poor that loyal Foxtel customers have lost a function on their box, yet Foxtel (or Telstra) don't know what to do with one wants a free upgrade so they can get this function again.

Given that Foxtel(and Telstra) need as many loyal customers as possible they would be doing everything possible to keep their customers happy. At the moment I'm finding it hard to continually justify paying for Foxtel when their are a host of new streaming services all offering new shows that suite my needs.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel IQ2 replacement box

The Foxtel support site says simply to contact them if you want to upgrade to an iQ3 or iQ4.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AE10
Level 2: Rookie

Hi

Rang Telstra last Monday and they sent me a new free IQ4 box the next day all up and running.

SueC51
Level 1: Cadet

I filled out the on line form to replace the IQ2 box but have heard nothing since

macka

We did the same online process for free upgrade as we have two IQ2 boxes (on satellite feed) both with full platinum HD packages and when you call them it’s a run around system & they have no idea. I guess if this continues and is not resolved ASAP I will just dump both off my account and even change telco provider, then they may seem to care, but I really doubt it. 

Macka and Maree
macka

Hi all, well I just got off the phone with Telstra I rang 132200, then I waited a few minutes and was asked the area I wanted, I said Foxtel then spoke with nice young lady who resolved all questions and issues within 5-6 minutes including place my order for free Foxtel box upgrade from IQ2 to IQ3, (two boxes). She also advised that I was on a old platinum plan ($153/mth) and I was eligible for new plan ($99/mth) which includes basic NetFlix, plus need to add $25/mth for our second box brings to $124/mth and for extra $4/mth get premium NetFlix to both boxes and two other devices. I am happy this was finally resolved, I guess it’s who one talks to etc etc, however if this free upgrade offer didn’t rise we would be still paying an extra $25/month for old plan package. I guess if you don’t know about it then Telstra are not going tell you you can reduce your costings, and they were getting $300/yr for nothing, sadly a lesson learnt hopefully others will avoid this trap, good luck to all and ring them as the online form setup is definitely useless as nothing will happen.

Macka and Maree
SueC51
Level 1: Cadet

I was going to change then he said I would have to change over from cable to satellite well told them to stick as my NBN thru cable as well

When they said that the demand functions would be restricted they meant you are unable to download at all! Very disappointed with Telstra st the moment. No offer of a cheaper rate just I can download on Foxtel via my iPad! 

Jupiter

The changes have nothing to do with Telstra, they are being driven by Foxtel (price as well).

Foxtel are migrating all customers to Satellite delivery by 2023 when their current agreement with NBN Co expires. At that time, Foxtel will cease delivering broadcast content via cable. On Demand content will still be supplied via the customer's internet connection.

The iQ2, and earlier boxes, are too old to handle the new On Demand content that is being delivered, so they have finally decided to retire them.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit