Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel iq3 keeps crashing

My IQ3 keeps crashing at least 2 times a week and the remote also just stops working

Tried to contact Telstra but at the moment it’s really hard to talk to anyone

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Foxtel iq3 keeps crashing

Can you describe the 'crashing'? Does it just freeze or does it reset? Does the IQ3 get hot? Are there any error messages? Does happen at a particular point/action or just randomly?

Have you tried a proper reset, which might pull down any pending firmware updates.

Ignore the Error code here, but go through the troubleshooting steps..

https://www.foxtel.com.au/support/technical-support/error-code-troubleshooting/iq3/f0001.html

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

It freezes and can’t use the remote or the box itself, I have done the reset and pulled out the power cord 

but a few days later it’s doing it again 

Highlighted

Does the IQ3 get hot? If so, maybe blow a fan over it to see if that help. Dependingwhere you are, and where you have installed the box, it could e heat related?

This is the newish Foxtel Support web site..  there might be something here to help you..

https://www.foxtel.com.au/customer-support.html

the older Foxtel Community seems to be out of service now..   

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Highlighted

No not getting hot but having to reset is becoming a pain as I miss the show that I was recording 

Highlighted

Probably worth trying to get a replacement..  which might end up being an IQ4 with Satellite.

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit