Floss76
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel IQ3 recording issues

I have set my box to record FTA shows but they don't record. No red light, no recording clashes, just don't record. What is the issue and how can it be fixed? I'm beginning to think they sent us a faulty box as this happens regularly

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel IQ3 recording issues

Check to make sure that you are trying to record only 1 FTA show at the same time. It will fail if it tries to do more than one concurrently.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Floss76
Level 2: Rookie

I have checked and there are no clashes with FTA recordings. It is only one channel at a time. It will work for a while, then all of a sudden it just stops recording the next episode the following week, with no notification until I go to watch it. i have even cleared out the shows and reset them to record to make sure there was nothing else on at that time, but it still won't work. i have to unplug the chord and wait until it resets itself then rebook the show.

Jupiter

It does sound either like a faulty box, or faulty firmware causing the EPG to reset and wipe the link to the recording request.

Give 132200 a call and say "Foxtel" and then "Faults" and speak to a consultant about the problem. They may need to send you a replacement unit.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit