StrayCox
Level 1: Cadet

FOXTEL IQ5 LAUNCHES – SIGNALLING THE SWITCH FROM “CABLE TV” TO STREAMING PROVIDER

Answered

Hi

Given this announcement and that delivery of this product is happening as of today from Foxtel to its customers - when would we be eligible to migrate to the IQ5 from IQ2 / IQ3 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: FOXTEL IQ5 LAUNCHES – SIGNALLING THE SWITCH FROM “CABLE TV” TO STREAMING PROVIDER

Call 132200 and say "Foxtel" at the prompt.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Jupiter

Re: FOXTEL IQ5 LAUNCHES – SIGNALLING THE SWITCH FROM “CABLE TV” TO STREAMING PROVIDER

From iQ5 pre-release eligibility - Support - Foxtel

You may be eligible to upgrade to an iQ5 if:

• you’re a cable customer with an iQ3 (or below) wanting to upgrade your box
  • you’re a cable customer with a technical issue with your existing Foxtel box
  • you’re a cable customer who has pre-registered for an iQ5
  • you’ve moved address and cannot have a satellite dish at your new address.

If you’re a satellite customer and you want to upgrade your box, we can provide with you an upgrade to an iQ4, which delivers the same premium experience as the iQ5, or you’ll be able to sign up to iQ5 in the new year.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
MANGO45
Level 3: Gumshoe

How do I get my hands on the new FOXTEL  IQ5 I don’t mind paying extra for it. I really want one. 

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Call 132200 and say "Foxtel" at the prompt.

View solution in original post

MANGO45

I heard the FOXTEL IQ5 is not available to Telstra customer yet. 

iukgkgvb

Correct. You currently cannot get an IQ5 box from Telstra.  Very poor form Telstra.

Jupiter

The availability has nothing to do with Telstra. That is a Foxtel decision. 

You'll have to wait until the iQ5 is officially released.  It's still in the pre-release phase, so currently only available from Foxtel directly.

Mark17563

I have tried, the issue is when you do try the operator tries to flog off an IQ4 with the sat connection then add every installation cost is possible once i tell them i have 1 in each room.

I have 2 of the original boxes and 1 iq3 and have been with Foxtel for yr ... just another really bad decision by Foxtel. 

MANGO45

any time frame when FOXTEL IQ5 coming to Telstra

Jupiter

Haven't seen anything yet.

MANGO45

I wish TELSTRA would hurry up and get the FOXTEL IQ5 were now in 2022

Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

You can leave feedback for Telstra.

Jupiter

Ultimately it's up to Foxtel to make it available. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit