Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel Multiscreen

Does anyone know how to upgrade to Multiscreen online? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Foxtel Multiscreen

I’m having the same issue. Telstra is hard to get through to. I’ll reply tomorrow if I find out. It’s a bit bad to not tell your customers the day you decide to change everything!

Highlighted

Same here .. my Foxtel now box was working now it’s asking me to subscribe to multi screen 

@Soph17 wrote:

Highlighted

I am also looking for how to upgrade. I have tried messaging

@Magro wrote:

Same here .. my Foxtel now box was working now it’s asking me to subscribe to multi screen 

@Soph17 wrote:

but cannot get through 

Highlighted

Hi There,

I just figured it out here are the steps 

1. log into my account 
  2. click services 
  3. chose manage service on the Foxtel tab 
  4. Click on the + sign for speciality packs 
  5. Click multiscreen 

It has switched on yet can take 24 hours Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Hi There,

I just figured it out here are the steps 

1. log into my account 
  2. click services 
  3. chose manage service on the Foxtel tab 
  4. Click on the + sign for speciality packs 
  5. Click multiscreen 

It has switched on yet can take 24 hours Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Thanks. My account page on desktop has no ‘services’ tab. When I click on the bundle detail and click on ‘change’, it takes me to another page where I can change the whole bundle. The Foxtel part doesn’t seem to be separate. 
I’ve tried calling, I’ve tried the automated chat bot, and their own page on my account (on the 24/7 app) says it’s doable online. 
I suspect since Free Multiscreen access ended on June 30 everyone is trying to get this info online. 

Highlighted

Same here! Also when I click manage it just takes me back to the same page I was on. Their online my account portal is a joke. Call centers are also impossible to get through to also. What a nightmare 

Highlighted

I have standalone Foxtel from my bundle so that maybe why however, is there a part to change your Foxtel and add like a speciality Chanel like the old Greek channel etc that’s where I found it otherwise maybe try a store it near by. It was super frustrating. 

Highlighted

I agree with Lauren and Kate... I can't find anywhere to turn this bloody thing on!!

Highlighted

Same - spent an hour and a half waiting to get through to them today.  Can’t find how to do it via the app.  Pathetic customer service as usual from Telstra 

Highlighted

I had issues trying to use the my telstra app & trying to ring 132220 i ended up driving to a Telstra shop..they did it in 10 seconds...

Highlighted

Save yourself time & effort go to a Telstra shop..they the change immediately $15 per month, which is a rip off, but cheaper than getting another box..stilll a 24 hour wait to start casting

Highlighted

I'd like to know where your shop is. I did the whole looping between My Account and their robot that doesn't know what multiscreen is. I rang the 132200 number, but that just said they are "prioritising important issues", sent me a link to the same robot I'd already been to multiple times and hung up. I saw the reference to doing it in a shop here, but when I went to my local store, they insisted that their system won't allow them to change anything to do with Foxtel. It's extremely frustrating, especially when it worked fine until a week ago. Can anybody tell me what they did in the store to get it done?

Highlighted

Yes - this is Telstra at it's best (worst)!

They turned Foxtel now off last week without warning or an offer to renew. 

I was on hold for hours on end to get it back on, and then kept getting directed to the app and the messaging service.  I was on the messaging service for literally two days on and off.  There is no way to add multiscreen via the telstra website or app.  

They connected me to someone from Foxtel who then said they couldn't help, and transferred my back to Telstra, who hung up on me and directed me to use the messaging service again.

Eventually I got through to someone (two days later) from Foxtel x Telstra and they changed it in 2 minutes.... after the whole process took about 70 hours.  I wouldn't normally bother but I needed access to Foxtel now for my work over the weekend (I cover sport and can't attend the events) so was desperate and in a regional area and couldn't get to a store. 

It was the single worst example of customer service I have ever endured in my life.  The previous top 5 examples of disgusting service also all relate to Testra, and specifically Foxtel through telstra.  I still have nightmares about dealing with them to get it installed, along with cable internet etc years ago.

The most galling element in the whole thing is that while on hold for hours on end, and on their messaging service, with staff who had no idea, they played constant recordings about how hard they were trying to look after people who had been impacted by COVID.... what an absolute farce, if they still have call volumes too high months into the pandemic its a symptom of their own mismanagement. 

At the same time, hundreds of thousands of Australians are out of work and desperate.  How about: a) answer the phone when they call for help and b) actually give something back to the community you take so much from by employing Australians to answer your phones and provide service.... to other Australians who need it and will pay!!!!!!

Highlighted

I just gave up .... ended up in dead ends and wastage more time on Telstra AGAIN

When will they ever get their act together ????

Highlighted

exactly same experience for me.

Horrific from Telstra.

Highlighted

I managed to get this done. I found out that it's possible to use the messaging robot to lodge a complaint. On Thursday afternoon, I went into it and typed "I want to make a complaint". I was offered a choice of "New Complaint" or "Existing Complaint". I chose New, and the robot said that a member of the team would reply. Eventually (it took about 20 minutes), a human got on and asked what the problem was. I described all the ways I had tried to activate Multiscreen, and that it was just not possible to get it done. They replied that they would look into it and get back to me. They did (on Monday afternoon) and said that they could get the Foxtel team to add the package to my plan, and did I agree to pay the $15/month. After I agreed, they said it would take 24-48 hours. It's now Tuesday afternoon, and it's working. Phew! A bit of a long process, but much better than not working at all.

Highlighted

Thanks for the instructions. I was driving me crazy. Can't believe this feature costs $15 per month when I am already paying a fortune for a bundle. 

Highlighted

What if I don’t want Multiscreen? I’m happy with what I have but now not getting any Foxtel because of this. Would love an answer???

Highlighted

What if I don’t want Multiscreen? I’m happy with what I have but now not getting any Foxtel because of this. Would love an answer???

Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Hi all, On this topic.

I am not sure if this will help.

I have managed to track down the upgrade phone number for Foxtel.

The down side is they are only open Monday to Friday.

This is the number 03 8325 0921.

I would recommend that you have your Foxtel/Telstra from Foxtel account number with you as it's the first thing you will be asked for. 

Interested to know if this helps?

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit