Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel Now Redemption

Hi,

I purchased the new Iphone X last week on the $139 plan and was told I have access to Foxtel now for 12months. 

After following instructions and clicking on 'redeem offer' in the telstra app, I am supposed to be redirected to the foxtel now website. 

Each time this happens, the following message appears - 

Method GET not supported

Cannot serve request to /bin/foxtel/offer/telstra on this server

Can anyone help with this please? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel Now Redemption

Try going through "My Account" on a computer or tablet. There is a "My Offers" link on the right hand side.

It should work, as I used it on Saturday to take up the offer.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I have a similar issue. I went to the My Offers page, then selected the foxtel now offer banner. THen it just directs me to a blank webpage. 

Can anyone assist? 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi guys,

If you are getting an error after clicking on the link from the Telstra TV app then the best place to direct questions would be to Foxtel Now Support here:

https://www.foxtel.com.au/now/support.html

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

They’re saying it’s Telstra’s problem.
Highlighted

Can you try getting into it again and when the browser stops, can you copy and paste the address in the browser to here so that we can see where the problem is occurring.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

https://hub.telstra.com.au/foxtelnow/cd8c4e59-758a-4efd-a7bb-1201bf8c0606.html?device=desktop&browse...

The webpage which I'm directed to but remains blank and not loading. 

Highlighted

@thedylan, the problem appears to be before it hits the Foxtel system, so it is a Telstra issue.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey all,

Just an update that we have had this escalated with our management team so that this can be resolved for all customers that are seeking to take advantage of this offer. Once there is an update provided this will be advised. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi @DingoDan

Same issue here, blank page only. Tried on 5 different devices and three different network connections.

Spent over half an hour on live chat this morning with no resolution.

Any updates or additional instructions would be most welcome

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Aussiekoos

At this stage, our escalation team are still investigating the cause. As soon as we have further information we will let you know.

Kind Regards

Highlighted

With respect @Lindy,

This problem has been acknowledged by Telstra over a week ago and still persists.

Gathering from the multiple conversation threads about the same issue on this forum, none of your customer service representatives on Live Chat ( or in store for that matter) appear to be aware of it, wasting many hours attempting to solve an issue they cannot. At the end of my live chat yesterday I was told a Foxtel representative would contact me, which I believe was deliberate misinformation just to wind up the chat session.

The "Activate now" link for Foxtel in the welcome email I, and probably many other Telstra customers, received titled "The magic's only just begun", also doesn't mention any constraints such as mobile data and the Telstra TV App. Until I searched online for this activation issue I wasn't even aware the Telstra TV app existed, let alone that it was a prerequisite for activating this offer. Detailing  these constraints in the email would have been useful to say the least.

The magic that has allegedly just begun is rather black in this case and as a loyal customer I expect more from Telstra

Highlighted

I would also like to add that I have moved from another service provider which I was with ever since I had my first mobile phone (approx. 6 or 7 years ago). 

First time ever having my mobile phone service on Telstra. 

If a simple redemption of a Foxtel Now promotion cannot even be resolved, then I would dread the day when I have to turn to Telstra support if I have any issues with my internet or mobile phone service. 

Does not bode well and not a good first impression for this first time Telstra customer.  

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit