cassis
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel On Demand keeps dropping out

my Foxtel from Telstra keeping dropping in and out. Some days it works. Other days msg says ‘check internet connection’.

NBN, phone, Foxtel all working. Smart tv indicates LAN AOK. But DHCP “needs renewing”. I’ve tried the hard reset; tried turning off 1min. 

Any advice on the next step? Thanks. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel On Demand keeps dropping out

Try setting the network settings manually on the iQ box. That way it doesn't need to obtain an IP address from the modem. 

Make the last 3 digits of the IP address 240. That way it is higher than the modem would automatically allocate. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cassis
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jupiter. Tried this though couldn’t save new settings. Invalid Message. 

What is the significance of the DHCP lease? expiry shows as the last (in this case failed) connection attempt. 

Jupiter

By default, the DHCP server leases an IP address to a device for a fixed number of seconds. When the lease expires, expires allocates a new (normally the same if still connected) IP address to the device.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit