wibbler
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel On Demand with IQ2 - free STB upgrade?

I've seen a couple of posts about Foxtel on Demand content being switched off on IQ2 devices, and Telstra offering complimentary upgrades to IQ4... anyone know how to go about this, as going through "MyAccount" it's going to cost $185! Hoping someone knows the magic way to get this!?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Mr_Monaro72
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Foxtel On Demand with IQ2 - free STB upgrade?

Good luck with that one. I was offered a free upgrade to IQ4 back in January but when I asked about it in late February all I got was we will sort you out please stay online. Obviously after over a month nothing has happened except for them to come back to me and say they forgot my request. Happy to reduce your service and let you keep on paying full quota.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Telstra ran an email campaign a few months ago for these upgrades which has expired. Did you receive on of those emails by any chance - it would be a great help to you if you did.

The best way to see if you can get on to that expired offer is to use the My Telstra App, Get Help and then click on the blue chat icon..  ask there about the IQ2 upgrade offer  (if you do have an email, that will assist you).

The original offer was IQ2 -> IQ3 but recent posts indicate that the upgrade is now to IQ4. As the IQ4 uses satellite, the installation costs are higher.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Mr_Monaro72
Level 2: Rookie

Yes I have used the Codi  help assistant and I was passed onto a 'person'. They said they would get back to me and let me know. When I chased them up after a month (second time) they told me they forgot about me and hence finished the conversation by saying good bye. Basically they are just not interested.

SteveW_52

You might have to persevere with Support..  there are a few good 'consultants' there, but it is very much a lottery as to whether you get one..   you could also try 132200 but that doesn't always work and the same lottery conditions apply..  but unless you get someone from Telstra to help you, it will never get resolved..

If you have some references and details (times/dates etc.) you could try lodging a complaint here

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

the lack of response from Telstra, to your complaint, might add weight to your case..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
wibbler
Level 1: Cadet

An update... spoke to a support person, pushed a little for a free upgrade but in the end gave up and accepted the cost to upgrade... apparently (according to the Telstra person) it's entirely a Foxtel charge and they have no way to waive it (maybe I didn't complain enough ;-))

SteveW_52

I would have argued it..  they took away On Demand, but still charge you the same? Why should it cost you to upgrade?

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit