Dennis79
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel on demand

I have read all the the issues and solutions people have provided and still cannot get Foxtel on Demand to work, I have the iQ2 box connected by an Ethernet cable to a modem, in the network settings it tells me I’m connected but then doing a test it’s says it’s not connected. If this set top needs to be upgraded why I haven’t I been notified? Never had issues before and have been with Foxtel/Telstra for many years 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Foxtel on demand

The iQ2 is no longer capable of using the On Demand feature (Foxtel removed it). You should have received a notification about it late last year.

You would need to upgrade to an iQ4 (with Satellite dish installation if you don't already have one) to regain the On Demand feature.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dennis79
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you 

you would think I would have been notified but no I have not received any communication 🤦🏻‍♀️ I have also tried looking at my account  to try and upgrade through the Telstra app but even that has its issues and a message saying “something went wrong we can’t access your account information at this time please try again later”

😫😫

Jupiter

You will need to use the chat function (on the Get Help screen - the blue icon in the bottom right [app] or the bottom [website])

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
gfk
Level 6: Bloodhound

+1 for the suggestion to use Chat in My Telstra from @Jupiter

I did at least get the original email back in December and immediately asked for replacements for my existing two boxes, an IQ and an IQ2.  But other than a reply two months later saying things were delayed, nothing had happened and there was no order in the system. 

So I chatted with Telstra this past Thursday and Friday.  I now have two free IQ4s on their way to me and a corresponding and necessary free satellite installation scheduled for early May.  I wanted IQ3s and to remain on Foxtel from Telstra via nbn but Telstra wouldn't say yes to that.  (They actually said the IQ3 only works on satellite; I guess there must be two different models.)

Therefore @Dennis79 I would suggest you try the chat function.  FYI I could only use the app; the chat on their web page (and I tried it just now to make sure) doesn't do a thing for me under any browser :-(

Jupiter

iQ3 doesn't work on satellite, cable only, but they aren't available any more. Plus you would have to upgrade to iQ4 plus satellite within the next 2 years anyway as Foxtel are migrating away from cable delivery as their carrier agreement expires in 2023 and NBN Co wants the capacity on HFC to improve internet bandwidth.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit