Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel Really this bad ?

I've had foxtel connected about 1.5 wks. entertainment+sport pack with iQ3.   I cant believe how terrible this service is.   the satelite installation was pretty good, even if it did take 5 guys, about 6 hours & multiple holes in my roof that are now plugged up with big dobs of silicone & I still had to figure out how to get the standard free to air channels working on the iQ3.

The user experience is substandard.  The iQ3 remote is horrible to use, push the buttons & a couple of seconds later something happens (if your lucky).  The iQ3 constantly has errors -  set a recording for a show & it actually records something else.  Often the channels i'm subscribed to, display lock symbols on them, sometimes you can watch them anyway & sometimes not.  The internet functions/channels work sometimes, but not all the time, & its not my internet connection, because I'm on NBN with 23.5mbps speed on all my other devices.  I often have to turn the iQ3 off & back on again, just to get the damn thing to behave somewhat normal.  The picture quality output from the iQ3 (set to 1080i) is horrible. For example watch ABC24hd on iQ3 & then switch tv over to the old T-Box (also set on 1080i) same ABC24hd, & the Picture is far better, wt_?  iQ3 also reduces the surround sound back to stero ?  Almost everytime i use this foxtel, i find myself cursing at it. Last night when i went to watch my foxtel, every channel displayed No Programming Information available & i could not watch either a channel, a recording or anytime internet channels.  Lucky I still have my old T-Box, so I could watch the news.

Is this really how bad Foxtel is, or have i got a dodgy iQ3 ?  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Foxtel Really this bad ?

That is how bad the iQ3 box is... it is the reason I have stuck to the iQ2 box. It doesn't have FTA channels unless you are on Cable or in one of the few areas with FTA satellite broadcasts (it does have ABC and SBS but that is it)... but other than the limitation of no FTA the device itself works mostly well. The only issue I have had is that once the batteries start to get flatter the remote is a little iffy but that only happens every few months and new batteries fix the problem.

The iQ3 is plagued with issues, check out https://community.foxtel.com and you will see that Foxtel have a whole category of their forum dedicated to the iQ3 and you will find an array of issues and potential solutions which may help you. Some things other people have found fixes for but overall the iQ3 does have some real issues in it basis.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

hey, thanks for your reply.
thats a shame the iQ3 is not a good stb. I thought i was doing the right thing by ordering the 'better' iQ3 unit. by the way, free to air channels do work. I just plugged in a cable from my regular antenna to the spare input & rescanned for channels & bingo, there they are !
Highlighted

Oh nice well that is at least one thing. But yeah I looked at it for the FTA, so it was a complete all in one but decided it wasn't worth the hassles.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit